MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName ignored?

MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName ignored?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys. I have changed the value of MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName by doing

MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName: '/Users/mariano/Pharo/localRepo/'.

or by the settings browser...but anyway, it seems "ignored". For example, if I now create a new repository in the monticello browser, and I download a package, the package cache used is the previous/original one (there the .image is).
I want to set an specific package-cache and that all projects/packages loaded in the future take that package cache.

any ideas?

thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName ignored?

Lukas Renggli
The value is updated after you save or open an image, because you
could have moved the image. This is a desired behavior.

I suggest that you symlink the package cache directory, this works
very well for the builder to avoid that builds re-download the same
versions over and over again.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The value is updated after you save or open an image, because you
could have moved the image. This is a desired behavior.

Thanks Lukas. I have just tried saving the image and re-open it but still, it keeps using the default. Even if MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName prints the one I want.

I suggest that you symlink the package cache directory, this works
very well for the builder to avoid that builds re-download the same
versions over and over again.

But I don't want to use a symlink nor nothing related to bash or OS setup. I have a ConfiguratioOf and I want that before starting to download everything, to change the package-cache to another place...

Thanks!

Lukas

On 15 October 2011 16:25, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys. I have changed the value of MCDirectoryRepository
> defaultDirectoryName by doing
>
> MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName:
> '/Users/mariano/Pharo/localRepo/'.
>
> or by the settings browser...but anyway, it seems "ignored". For example, if
> I now create a new repository in the monticello browser, and I download a
> package, the package cache used is the previous/original one (there the
> .image is).
> I want to set an specific package-cache and that all projects/packages
> loaded in the future take that package cache.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName ignored?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
it seems "ignored"
When I created the accessors and setting, the purpose was so that when you add a directory repository via the MC Browser ("+Repository"->directory), the UI would start in this directory. I wanted this because all my local repos are in the same parent directory and it saved me having to navigate there as I added every new repository. This is the only place where it is used. We could:
* comment/rename the current functionality to reflect this
* or, update the other use cases you describe to use it

HTH,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean