MCRepository can notify by email, did you know?

MCRepository can notify by email, did you know?

tinchodias
Hi,

I just discovered this feature and wanted to share it:

When a version is saved, the file repositories check if a file named 'notify' exists in the repository directory [1]. If it exists, then it reads email addresses from that file and send emails notifying the new version [2].

We noticed with Camillo that this seems to be the only usage of SMTPClient in the image.

I wonder if somebody is using this feature.

Best regards,
Martín
ps: I'm talking of Pharo 3.

[1] MCFileBasedRepository>>notifyList
[2] MCVersionNotification>>notify:

Re: [Pharo-dev] MCRepository can notify by email, did you know?

Stéphane Ducasse
never heard about it :)