MCSmalltalkhubRepository for Squeak?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi,

    any one have MCSmalltalkhubRepository?  I want to load the ASN1 code to explore a performance regression in the VM, but I must first have access to smalltalkhub.

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

cbc

Re: MCSmalltalkhubRepository for Squeak?

cbc
You should be able to just use the HTTP repository to access smalltalkhub.  That's what I've been doing for a while now.

I do have a user - and log in with the HTTP Repository, but I'm not sure it is required for just reading.

-cbc

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

    any one have MCSmalltalkhubRepository?  I want to load the ASN1 code to explore a performance regression in the VM, but I must first have access to smalltalkhub.

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: MCSmalltalkhubRepository for Squeak?

Levente Uzonyi
I don't even wanna know what that thing is. This should work:

MCHttpRepository
  location: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/NorbertHartl/ASN1/main'
  user: ''
  password: ''

Levente

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi,
>     any one have MCSmalltalkhubRepository?  I want to load the ASN1 code to explore a performance regression in the VM, but I must first have access to smalltalkhub.
>
> _,,,^..^,,,_
> best, Eliot

Re: MCSmalltalkhubRepository for Squeak?

Tobias Pape

On 19.07.2016, at 00:20, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    any one have MCSmalltalkhubRepository?  I want to load the ASN1 code to explore a performance regression in the VM, but I must first have access to smalltalkhub.

It's plain Monticello:

Use
        http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PROJECT/REPO/main/
For example
        http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/

Unfortunately, it appears down anyway, at the moment.

Best regards
        -Tobias

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should be able to just use the HTTP repository to access smalltalkhub.  That's what I've been doing for a while now.

I do have a user - and log in with the HTTP Repository, but I'm not sure it is required for just reading.

OK, so how do I map

MCSmalltalkhubRepository
owner: 'NorbertHartl'
project: 'ASN1'
user: ''
password: ''

to an HTTPRepository spec?

This doesn't work:

MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: ''

neither does this:

MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: ''

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 19.07.2016, at 00:20, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    any one have MCSmalltalkhubRepository?  I want to load the ASN1 code to explore a performance regression in the VM, but I must first have access to smalltalkhub.

It's plain Monticello:

Use
        http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PROJECT/REPO/main/
For example
        http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/

Unfortunately, it appears down anyway, at the moment.

Ah, so indeed I do want the following, right?

MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: ''

and it'l work as soon as the site's back up?  Who's the admin?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

On 19.07.2016, at 00:28, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19.07.2016, at 00:20, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   any one have MCSmalltalkhubRepository?  I want to load the ASN1 code to explore a performance regression in the VM, but I must first have access to smalltalkhub.
>
> It's plain Monticello:
>
> Use
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PROJECT/REPO/main/
> For example
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/
>
> Unfortunately, it appears down anyway, at the moment.

Correction, back up. Maybe slight hickup.

Best regards
        -tobias

cbc

Re: MCSmalltalkhubRepository for Squeak?

cbc
It is back up (or is here).  And the trick is you nee the '/mc' in the name:

MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: ''

-cbc