MJpeg and ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit: DNU

MJpeg and ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit: DNU

cedreek
Hi,

I’m trying to get a video stream in Pharo from a Pi video stream using this lib on the. Pi (https://github.com/jacksonliam/mjpg-streamer)

Then I found this library on Pharo (from 2013).

I had to change a method relative to Annoucment. #on:do: => #when:do:

Now I have a problem in Pharo 7 (same in Pharo 6) with ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit:  (see pic)

TIA,

Cédrick

Re: MJpeg and ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit: DNU

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
That is old. I vaguely remember running that, it did work at the time.

Indeed #upToAll:limit: is SocketStream specific.

I guess you could just (try to) remove the #limit: part, it is just a kind of safety measure to stop when the boundary is not found (as the stream is unlimited).

> On 4 Jul 2018, at 15:54, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to get a video stream in Pharo from a Pi video stream using this lib on the. Pi (https://github.com/jacksonliam/mjpg-streamer)
>
> Then I found this library on Pharo (from 2013).
> https://www.min.at/prinz/?entry=entry130413-020021
> http://www.min.at/prinz/repo/mjpeg
>
> I had to change a method relative to Annoucment. #on:do: => #when:do:
>
> Now I have a problem in Pharo 7 (same in Pharo 6) with ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit:  (see pic)
>

> <PastedGraphic-6.png>
>

> TIA,
>
> Cédrick

Re: MJpeg and ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit: DNU

cedreek
I changed to #upTo:

I have no more DNU, but no streaming is shown beside the test image (I think it comes from MJpeg).

Testing on a public URL gives the same result… (webcam.st-malo.com).

I’ll try more (I’CCed the orignal author).

Thx Sven,

Cédrick

PastedGraphic-7.png (137K) Download Attachment
Mjpeg.st (34K) Download Attachment

Re: MJpeg and ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit: DNU

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Well, you could also try switching the socket stream class Zn uses to the old one:

ZnNetworkingUtils default socketStreamClass: SocketStream.

This is a global setting affecting all Zn operations.

And then move the #limit: back in.

> On 4 Jul 2018, at 16:22, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I changed to #upTo:
>

> I have no more DNU, but no streaming is shown beside the test image (I think it comes from MJpeg).
>
> Testing on a public URL gives the same result… (webcam.st-malo.com).
>
> <PastedGraphic-7.png>
>
> I’ll try more (I’CCed the orignal author).
>
> Thx Sven,
>

> Cédrick
>

> <Mjpeg.st>
>

>> Le 4 juil. 2018 à 16:03, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> That is old. I vaguely remember running that, it did work at the time.
>>
>> Indeed #upToAll:limit: is SocketStream specific.
>>
>> I guess you could just (try to) remove the #limit: part, it is just a kind of safety measure to stop when the boundary is not found (as the stream is unlimited).
>>
>>> On 4 Jul 2018, at 15:54, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’m trying to get a video stream in Pharo from a Pi video stream using this lib on the. Pi (https://github.com/jacksonliam/mjpg-streamer)
>>>
>>> Then I found this library on Pharo (from 2013).
>>> https://www.min.at/prinz/?entry=entry130413-020021
>>> http://www.min.at/prinz/repo/mjpeg
>>>
>>> I had to change a method relative to Annoucment. #on:do: => #when:do:
>>>
>>> Now I have a problem in Pharo 7 (same in Pharo 6) with ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit:  (see pic)
>>>

>>> <PastedGraphic-6.png>
>>>

>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Cédrick

Re: MJpeg and ZdcSocketStream>>upToAll:limit: DNU

cedreek
Worked like a charm ;)

Still some windows problem I guess: blue line. But cool :)

Any idea on how to get ZdcSocketStream work instead ?

Thnaks,

Cédrick

Le 4 juil. 2018 à 16:26, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

I published the small changes on Richard repo.

Cheers,

Cédrick

Le 4 juil. 2018 à 16:30, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Worked like a charm ;)

<PastedGraphic-8.png>