MOOC offline download

Ben Coman
I was just chatting with someone with limited Internet who was looking to odownload the mooc files [1] for use offline.  Does such exist?

cheers -ben

Re: MOOC offline download

Peter Uhnak
Everything is also on github so you can clone it locally https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoMooc

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:50:22PM +0800, Ben Coman wrote:
> I was just chatting with someone with limited Internet who was looking to
> odownload the mooc files [1] for use offline.  Does such exist?
>
> [1]  http://files.pharo.org/mooc
>
> cheers -ben

Re: MOOC offline download

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi ben

I do not really get the request?
Because people can donwload the file and the portal.
I wanted to get a CD delivery services but I failed to find one (because I have all the files to be uploaded).

Stef

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was just chatting with someone with limited Internet who was looking to odownload the mooc files [1] for use offline.  Does such exist?

cheers -ben

Re: MOOC offline download

Ben Coman

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ben

I do not really get the request?
Because people can download the file and the portal.

I could not find a whole zip file of entire course, only the individual files which would be a pain to download,
and did not know of the git repo.  Peter's suggestion should works fine.

Consider the case that someone is stocking up on reading material
before going on a trip with limited internet access.

cheers -ben

I wanted to get a CD delivery services but I failed to find one (because I have all the files to be uploaded).

Stef

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was just chatting with someone with limited Internet who was looking to odownload the mooc files [1] for use offline.  Does such exist?

cheers -ben

Re: MOOC offline download

Stephane Ducasse-3
The github folder contains just the source.
Yes I will do a iso image and put it.
Now it will be around 10gb.

I got a script that is called starterKit that should be updated and collected all the resources to actually
build the iso.

I was looking for a service to produce DVD.
If people want to help this is the moment :)