MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
Dear all,

This is a small update for the MOOSEDAY@UPMC event :

http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/MOOSEDayUPMC/

We have only 9 people who register for the MOOSEDAY@UPMC (June 5/6
2014) at the moment and 2 presentations. One of the main drawback is
that INRIA team does not have too much money to come this time.

What we could do :
- we organize a small event on one day (some presentations in the
morning and a Pharo/MOOSE sprint).
But we definitively need more presentations ? Who is willing to come ?

- we postpone the MOOSEDAY@UPMC until september/october 2014, so more
people could join (Doru ?).

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

abergel
I have the impression that having a theme of “problem solving” would be great.
People may come with their software to analysis, their data to visualize, and the goal of the day will be solving problems. I like this idea.

Solving problem or presentation watching?

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have the impression that having a theme of “problem solving” would be great.
> People may come with their software to analysis, their data to visualize, and the goal of the day will be solving problems. I like this idea.
>
> Solving problem or presentation watching?

Yes I love the idea. Let's orient the day like that !
Some presentations in the morning, afternoon problem solving/coding.

Thank you Alex.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

Anne Etien
Hi,

it seems that Stephane found a bit of money to go to Paris. There should be 4 or 5 people from RMoD coming.
Leo can do a presentation on Telescope. And perhaps someone from Synectique can also do a presentation.

We are organizing the travel.

Anne

Le 5 mai 2014 à 16:53, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :

> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have the impression that having a theme of “problem solving” would be great.
>> People may come with their software to analysis, their data to visualize, and the goal of the day will be solving problems. I like this idea.
>>
>> Solving problem or presentation watching?
>
> Yes I love the idea. Let's orient the day like that !
> Some presentations in the morning, afternoon problem solving/coding.
>
> Thank you Alex.
>
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

abergel
Excellent!!!!

Alexandre

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that Stephane found a bit of money to go to Paris. There should be 4 or 5 people from RMoD coming.
> Leo can do a presentation on Telescope. And perhaps someone from Synectique can also do a presentation.
>
> We are organizing the travel.

Great ! Can you register online ASAP on the webpage and send a short
summary of the talks ?

Thank you.
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Hi Serge,

From Bern I and Andrea Caracciolo plan to be there!

Cheers,
M.

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that Stephane found a bit of money to go to Paris. There should be 4 or 5 people from RMoD coming.
> Leo can do a presentation on Telescope. And perhaps someone from Synectique can also do a presentation.
>
> We are organizing the travel.

Great ! Can you register online ASAP on the webpage and send a short
summary of the talks ?

Thank you.
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
Great !
Can you register and send me short description of your talk in private ASAP ?

Thank you.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> From Bern I and Andrea Caracciolo plan to be there!
>
> Cheers,
> M.

>> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > it seems that Stephane found a bit of money to go to Paris. There should
>> > be 4 or 5 people from RMoD coming.
>> > Leo can do a presentation on Telescope. And perhaps someone from
>> > Synectique can also do a presentation.
>> >
>> > We are organizing the travel.
>>
>> Great ! Can you register online ASAP on the webpage and send a short
>> summary of the talks ?
>>
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

abergel
Serge, how to register? What is the url?

Alexandre

On May 6, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great !
> Can you register and send me short description of your talk in private ASAP ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Serge,
>>
>> From Bern I and Andrea Caracciolo plan to be there!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> M.

>>> Great ! Can you register online ASAP on the webpage and send a short
>>> summary of the talks ?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
Just click on the big register button on the front page :
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/MOOSEDayUPMC/

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Serge, how to register? What is the url?
>
> Alexandre
>

> On May 6, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Great !
>> Can you register and send me short description of your talk in private ASAP ?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Serge,
>>>
>>> From Bern I and Andrea Caracciolo plan to be there!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> M.

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

Anne Etien
Hello,

As I said before, Stephane, found a bit of money, but not enough to come at 5 during two days. We will stay only one day. Reading the mail of Serge of the 5th May, it was not clear for me if it was finally decided that the mooseDay will occur on only one day or not. If I'm right which day will it be. If we can choose, in Lille, we prefer the Friday. Please let us know in order we organize the trip and we know exactly who will come (in order to register). We will do 2 presentations (one from Leo on Telescope and one certainly by Guillaume on Synectique).

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I said before, Stephane, found a bit of money, but not enough to come at 5 during two days. We will stay only one day. Reading the mail of Serge of the 5th May, it was not clear for me if it was finally decided that the mooseDay will occur on only one day or not. If I'm right which day will it be. If we can choose, in Lille, we prefer the Friday. Please let us know in order we organize the trip and we know exactly who will come (in order to register). We will do 2 presentations (one from Leo on Telescope and one certainly by Guillaume on Synectique).

Thank you Anne for the update.

We could have the talks the second day (friday) and a more sprint/show
us your problems session the first day.
What do you think about that ?

Le 12 mai 2014 à 14:59, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As I said before, Stephane, found a bit of money, but not enough to come at 5 during two days. We will stay only one day. Reading the mail of Serge of the 5th May, it was not clear for me if it was finally decided that the mooseDay will occur on only one day or not. If I'm right which day will it be. If we can choose, in Lille, we prefer the Friday. Please let us know in order we organize the trip and we know exactly who will come (in order to register). We will do 2 presentations (one from Leo on Telescope and one certainly by Guillaume on Synectique).
>
> Thank you Anne for the update.
>
> We could have the talks the second day (friday) and a more sprint/show
> us your problems session the first day.
> What do you think about that ?

I don't know. You were talking about: "Some presentations in the morning, afternoon problem solving/coding."That sounded great. If you have too many presentations to put them only on the morning, we can remove one from Lille. My idea was more if you do a pure Moose Dojo or Pharo sprint on the second day, we can do this part from Lille. Indeed, it can be interesting for us to participate to the problem solving code session.
Stéphane what do you think about?

Anne

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
Because you prefer to come friday, I was talking about having a first
day with problem solving/coding session all the day and the second
day, 4-5 presentations in the morning maybe and the solving/coding
continued in the afternoon.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 12 mai 2014 à 14:59, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>
>> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> As I said before, Stephane, found a bit of money, but not enough to come at 5 during two days. We will stay only one day. Reading the mail of Serge of the 5th May, it was not clear for me if it was finally decided that the mooseDay will occur on only one day or not. If I'm right which day will it be. If we can choose, in Lille, we prefer the Friday. Please let us know in order we organize the trip and we know exactly who will come (in order to register). We will do 2 presentations (one from Leo on Telescope and one certainly by Guillaume on Synectique).
>>
>> Thank you Anne for the update.
>>
>> We could have the talks the second day (friday) and a more sprint/show
>> us your problems session the first day.
>> What do you think about that ?
>>
> I don't know. You were talking about: "Some presentations in the morning, afternoon problem solving/coding."That sounded great. If you have too many presentations to put them only on the morning, we can remove one from Lille. My idea was more if you do a pure Moose Dojo or Pharo sprint on the second day, we can do this part from Lille. Indeed, it can be interesting for us to participate to the problem solving code session.
> Stéphane what do you think about?
>
> Anne
>
>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
Sorry for the misunderstanding Anne.

Yes, I thought at the beginning that if the people from Lille couldn't
come, we could just have a one day conference.
As your are coming and Alex will be there also all the week, I think
this is interesting to have now a two days conference.

Can you send me titles and short descriptions (10 lines) for the RMOD talks ?
I would like to send an announce on mailing-lists.

Thank you.
Regards,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the first mail of this conversation and more specifically in what is
> cited bellow, it seemed that it was decided to shorten the MooseDay to a
> single day. The next two mails at least went in that direction. I was so
> asking, if it is one day, which one is it? But it seems that you finally
> decided to keep it on two days?
>
> Anne
>
> Le 5 mai 2014 à 11:05, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>
> We have only 9 people who register for the MOOSEDAY@UPMC (June 5/6
> 2014) at the moment and 2 presentations. One of the main drawback is
> that INRIA team does not have too much money to come this time.
>
> What we could do :
> - we organize a small event on one day (some presentations in the
> morning and a Pharo/MOOSE sprint).
> But we definitively need more presentations ? Who is willing to come ?
>
> - we postpone the MOOSEDAY@UPMC until september/october 2014, so more
>
> people could join (Doru ?).

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: MOOSEDay@UPMC update

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Hi Serge!

I just registered for the Moose Day.

I can give a talk on:
- Visualizing Software Corpora with Moose

At this point it is still not clear what's the schedule of the event.
Moose day on Thursday or Friday? Sprint on the other day?

Thanks,
Cheers!
M.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Anne.

Yes, I thought at the beginning that if the people from Lille couldn't
come, we could just have a one day conference.
As your are coming and Alex will be there also all the week, I think
this is interesting to have now a two days conference.

Can you send me titles and short descriptions (10 lines) for the RMOD talks ?
I would like to send an announce on mailing-lists.

Thank you.
Regards,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In the first mail of this conversation and more specifically in what is
> cited bellow, it seemed that it was decided to shorten the MooseDay to a
> single day. The next two mails at least went in that direction. I was so
> asking, if it is one day, which one is it? But it seems that you finally
> decided to keep it on two days?
>
> Anne
>
> Le 5 mai 2014 à 11:05, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>
> We have only 9 people who register for the MOOSEDAY@UPMC (June 5/6
> 2014) at the moment and 2 presentations. One of the main drawback is
> that INRIA team does not have too much money to come this time.
>
> What we could do :
> - we organize a small event on one day (some presentations in the
> morning and a Pharo/MOOSE sprint).
> But we definitively need more presentations ? Who is willing to come ?
>
> - we postpone the MOOSEDAY@UPMC until september/october 2014, so more
>
> people could join (Doru ?).

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: MOOSEDay@UPMC update

Guillaume Larcheveque
Hi serge.

Here is the subject of the talk:
          Analysing industrial legacy code with tools based on Moose

the abstract:
Synectique, harnessing the power of meta-tools and more than 35 years of experience, offers tailored and dedicated tools specifically adapted for your needs of software analysis and enable decision making to improve software. For this purpose, Synectique have to create new importers and parsers for all kinds of data. We will present some examples of our solution and some tools we developed to facilitate parsing.

Thanks.

Hi Serge!

I just registered for the Moose Day.

I can give a talk on:
- Visualizing Software Corpora with Moose

At this point it is still not clear what's the schedule of the event.
Moose day on Thursday or Friday? Sprint on the other day?

Thanks,
Cheers!
M.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Anne.

Yes, I thought at the beginning that if the people from Lille couldn't
come, we could just have a one day conference.
As your are coming and Alex will be there also all the week, I think
this is interesting to have now a two days conference.

Can you send me titles and short descriptions (10 lines) for the RMOD talks ?
I would like to send an announce on mailing-lists.

Thank you.
Regards,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In the first mail of this conversation and more specifically in what is
> cited bellow, it seemed that it was decided to shorten the MooseDay to a
> single day. The next two mails at least went in that direction. I was so
> asking, if it is one day, which one is it? But it seems that you finally
> decided to keep it on two days?
>
> Anne
>
> Le 5 mai 2014 à 11:05, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>
> We have only 9 people who register for the MOOSEDAY@UPMC (June 5/6
> 2014) at the moment and 2 presentations. One of the main drawback is
> that INRIA team does not have too much money to come this time.
>
> What we could do :
> - we organize a small event on one day (some presentations in the
> morning and a Pharo/MOOSE sprint).
> But we definitively need more presentations ? Who is willing to come ?
>
> - we postpone the MOOSEDAY@UPMC until september/october 2014, so more
>
> people could join (Doru ?).

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: MOOSEDay@UPMC update

SergeStinckwich
Thank you Guillaume !
I update the website accordingly here:
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/MOOSEDayUPMC/

Can you send me a short bio and a picture of you in a private email ?

Regards,