MPEG in Pharo depricated why?

Torsten Bergmann
>it requires FFI in the image, did we decide FFI and Alien should be in Pharo?
>I think that is an open question.

FFI not in the core - but maybe in the dev-image.
Alien is AFAIK still not avaible for all major platforms

>(b) I couldn't find any WIndow's users to help test it. Perhaps they don't exist?

I use pharo/squeak on windows but I'm not a sophie user. There are other "pharo on windows" users too ... so just post and I'm sure you will find someone who is able
to try out things.

Even if windows may not be the typical dev platform for most of us it is still
the largest consumer platform for commercial apps.

Bye
T.
--
Sarah Kreuz, die DSDS-Siegerin der Herzen, mit ihrem eindrucksvollen
Debütalbum "One Moment in Time". http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/musik

Re: MPEG in Pharo depricated why?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Nov 30, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> it requires FFI in the image, did we decide FFI and Alien should be in Pharo?
>> I think that is an open question.
>
> FFI not in the core - but maybe in the dev-image.

but having FFI in the core (not the minimal one) is a way to make sure that a lot of code can take advantge of the underlying platform.