MPEG movie crashes Etoys

Young-Jin Lee-3
I was trying to use MPEG movies in Etoys. I created MPEG profile-1 movies from MP4 movies using a free software called Kigo Video Converter. I found that Etoys always crashes when I was trying to play one of the converted MPEG movies, which I don’t understand because I used the same converter software and was able to play the converted MPEG movie file using QuickTime Player without any problem.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I can get around the problem? In the previous email I attached the original mp4 file and the converted mpeg file, but I was asked to email again without those files.

Thank you so much for your help.

Young-Jin

Re: MPEG movie crashes Etoys

Bert Freudenberg
On 03.03.2014, at 17:56, Young-Jin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was trying to use MPEG movies in Etoys. I created MPEG profile-1 movies from MP4 movies using a free software called Kigo Video Converter. I found that Etoys always crashes when I was trying to play one of the converted MPEG movies, which I don’t understand because I used the same converter software and was able to play the converted MPEG movie file using QuickTime Player without any problem.
>
> Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I can get around the problem? In the previous email I attached the original mp4 file and the converted mpeg file, but I was asked to email again without those files.
>
> Thank you so much for your help.
>
> Young-Jin

The MPEG player is very picky. Here is a file that does work:

        http://sumim.no-ip.com/collab/uploads/61/Sketchpad-Short.mpg

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: MPEG movie crashes Etoys

Karl Ramberg
You can also take a look at JPEGMovieFile in Etoys.
It's a Etoys specific movie format. It's bigger files than MPEG but a little more flexible.

Cheers,
Karl

On 05.03.2014, at 06:12, Young-Jin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you explain in more detail how I can get around this problem? The URL in your email is a link to an mpeg file. I am not sure what I need to do with this mpeg file to resolve the MPEGPlayer issue.

You can analyze how its encoding differs from your file's encoding, then use the new encoder settings to convert your own files.

- Bert -