MQTT - pure smalltalk client & data broker source code

1 message Options

MQTT - pure smalltalk client & data broker source code

johnmci
As part of a project I am working on with mobile devices and Smalltalk I've taken Tim Rowledge's Squeak work on a MQTT client and built out a pure MQTT client & data broker for MQTT V311
Our constraint was that we could not introduce a third party app (data broker) to our environment, nor could we build a DLL based implementation.

Although this work was done originally for VSE I've made available a port to Pharo Smalltalk, you can find the source code at https://github.com/LabWare/MQTT-broker

I am hoping someone will port it to VA.

I am also hoping someone might think about using Gemstone to create a true persistence layer in the data broker component.