MSE 3.0 to 2.1 Converter?

Torben Knerr
Hi everybody,

last question for today :-)

Is there a converter which converts from MSE 3.0 to 2.1 format?

I'm obviously trying to visualize some Java code with Code City. The
MSE was created using verveinej. I know that the inFamix paid version
can produce MSE 2.1 output, but if somehow possible I would prefer an
open source / non-paid solution.

Maybe, is there an older version of verveinej available which would
produce MSE 2.1? Or was verveinej producing MSE 3.0 from the
beginning?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Torben

Re: MSE 3.0 to 2.1 Converter?

jannik laval
Hi,

We have a converter for 2.1 to 3.0 but not the invert.
My opinion is that it is not really possible without loosing information.

Verveinej was build on top of mse3.0, and do not take into account mse2.1.

Best,
Jannik

On Aug 13, 2012, at 3:01 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> last question for today :-)
>
> Is there a converter which converts from MSE 3.0 to 2.1 format?
>
> I'm obviously trying to visualize some Java code with Code City. The
> MSE was created using verveinej. I know that the inFamix paid version
> can produce MSE 2.1 output, but if somehow possible I would prefer an
> open source / non-paid solution.
>
> Maybe, is there an older version of verveinej available which would
> produce MSE 2.1? Or was verveinej producing MSE 3.0 from the
> beginning?
>
> Thanks a lot and best regards,
> Torben

---
Jannik Laval

Re: MSE 3.0 to 2.1 Converter?

Torben Knerr

Hi Jannik,

thanks for the quick replies!

Information loss would be okay and expected if you "downgrade" to an older format version IMHO.

Is the converter publicly available? I wonder whether it would be a big effort to implement the inverse conversion. Probably yes, but I'm trying to think positive... ;-)

Cheers,
Torben

Am 13.08.2012 15:21 schrieb "jannik.laval" <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

We have a converter for 2.1 to 3.0 but not the invert.
My opinion is that it is not really possible without loosing information.

Verveinej was build on top of mse3.0, and do not take into account mse2.1.

Best,
Jannik

On Aug 13, 2012, at 3:01 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> last question for today :-)
>
> Is there a converter which converts from MSE 3.0 to 2.1 format?
>
> I'm obviously trying to visualize some Java code with Code City. The
> MSE was created using verveinej. I know that the inFamix paid version
> can produce MSE 2.1 output, but if somehow possible I would prefer an
> open source / non-paid solution.
>
> Maybe, is there an older version of verveinej available which would
> produce MSE 2.1? Or was verveinej producing MSE 3.0 from the
> beginning?
>
> Thanks a lot and best regards,
> Torben

---
Jannik Laval

Re: MSE 3.0 to 2.1 Converter?

Torben Knerr
Problem solved: just found out that iPlasma still produces MSE 2.1
output compatible with CodeCity - so no need for a converter ;-)

Thanks for your help!
Torben