MSE duplicated entities

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Dear all,

I have a question regarding inFamix and the MSE format.

I have an Android project composed by a single class. I need to perform an analysis on the Invocations. For this reason I need the source code of the library called. Thus I copied some of the sources of the Android SDK inside the src folder of the project. When I generate the MSE file of the project I end up having a problem: Each FAMIX entity, i.e., FAMIX.Attribute, appears twice in the MSE. I have duplicated classes, attributes, invocations and methods. In this way it's impossible to perform any kind of analysis.

As an example, here is a snippet of the obtained MSE:

(FAMIX.Attribute (id: 430073)
(name 'mZoomIn')
(parentType (ref: 368554))
(declaredType (ref: 413535))
(isPrivate true)
(isFinal true)
)

(FAMIX.Attribute (id: 450685)
(name 'mZoomIn')
(parentType (ref: 450670))
(declaredType (ref: 413535))
(isPrivate true)
(isFinal true)
)

The 'parentType's 368554 and 450670 are the same, but duplicated as well.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,
RM

Re: MSE duplicated entities

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

This is strange. If it is like that, it is a bug. However, I would like to learn more about the structure of your sources. Could it be that these classes appear twice? Or maybe that they appear in different packages?

Are these source available?

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Mar 2012, at 15:38, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a question regarding inFamix and the MSE format.
>
> I have an Android project composed by a single class. I need to perform an analysis on the Invocations. For this reason I need the source code of the library called. Thus I copied some of the sources of the Android SDK inside the src folder of the project. When I generate the MSE file of the project I end up having a problem: Each FAMIX entity, i.e., FAMIX.Attribute, appears twice in the MSE. I have duplicated classes, attributes, invocations and methods. In this way it's impossible to perform any kind of analysis.
>
> As an example, here is a snippet of the obtained MSE:
>
> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 430073)
> (name 'mZoomIn')
> (parentType (ref: 368554))
> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
> (isPrivate true)
> (isFinal true)
> )

> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 450685)
> (name 'mZoomIn')
> (parentType (ref: 450670))
> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
> (isPrivate true)
> (isFinal true)
> )
>
> The 'parentType's 368554 and 450670 are the same, but duplicated as well.
>
> Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> RM

www.tudorgirba.com

If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't.

Re: MSE duplicated entities

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
The simple project analyzed is this one http://goo.gl/vAhfO

Without adding the Android SDK sources the MSE is fine. Then I copied the Android SDK in the source folder of the project (this because I need to extract dependencies between Android apps and Android SDK). In this way the MSE is wrong. If you're interested in reproduce my case you can download the Android SDK (from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) and copy the "android" folder in the "src" folder of the ZoomerWithKeys project. Then try to generate the mse and take a look at the 'mZoomIn' attribute, for example.

The classes do not appear twice and they do not appear in different packages, as I said the project has just one single class ;)

Thanks for your interest,
RM

> Hi,
>
> This is strange. If it is like that, it is a bug. However, I would like to learn more about the structure of your sources. Could it be that these classes appear twice? Or maybe that they appear in different packages?
>
> Are these source available?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 3 Mar 2012, at 15:38, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have a question regarding inFamix and the MSE format.
>>
>> I have an Android project composed by a single class. I need to perform an analysis on the Invocations. For this reason I need the source code of the library called. Thus I copied some of the sources of the Android SDK inside the src folder of the project. When I generate the MSE file of the project I end up having a problem: Each FAMIX entity, i.e., FAMIX.Attribute, appears twice in the MSE. I have duplicated classes, attributes, invocations and methods. In this way it's impossible to perform any kind of analysis.
>>
>> As an example, here is a snippet of the obtained MSE:
>>
>> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 430073)
>> (name 'mZoomIn')
>> (parentType (ref: 368554))
>> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
>> (isPrivate true)
>> (isFinal true)
>> )

>> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 450685)
>> (name 'mZoomIn')
>> (parentType (ref: 450670))
>> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
>> (isPrivate true)
>> (isFinal true)
>> )
>>
>> The 'parentType's 368554 and 450670 are the same, but duplicated as well.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> RM

Re: MSE duplicated entities

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On 3 Mar 2012, at 22:43, [hidden email] wrote:

> The simple project analyzed is this one http://goo.gl/vAhfO
>
> Without adding the Android SDK sources the MSE is fine. Then I copied the Android SDK in the source folder of the project (this because I need to extract dependencies between Android apps and Android SDK). In this way the MSE is wrong. If you're interested in reproduce my case you can download the Android SDK (from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) and copy the "android" folder in the "src" folder of the ZoomerWithKeys project. Then try to generate the mse and take a look at the 'mZoomIn' attribute, for example.

First, you do not need to add the sources of libraries to see the dependencies to them. All you need is the jars. Then the parser will create stub entities for each element in the library that is being used by your system.

> The classes do not appear twice and they do not appear in different packages, as I said the project has just one single class ;)

I do not have time to look into it right now, but I will try in the next couple of days. In the meantime, could you retry by just adding the jars somewhere under the root folder that you pass to inFamix?

Also, as an experiment, could you try using also VerveineJ? Here are the instructions:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/external/verveineJ

Cheers,
Doru

> Thanks for your interest,
> RM
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is strange. If it is like that, it is a bug. However, I would like to learn more about the structure of your sources. Could it be that these classes appear twice? Or maybe that they appear in different packages?
>>
>> Are these source available?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 3 Mar 2012, at 15:38, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding inFamix and the MSE format.
>>>
>>> I have an Android project composed by a single class. I need to perform an analysis on the Invocations. For this reason I need the source code of the library called. Thus I copied some of the sources of the Android SDK inside the src folder of the project. When I generate the MSE file of the project I end up having a problem: Each FAMIX entity, i.e., FAMIX.Attribute, appears twice in the MSE. I have duplicated classes, attributes, invocations and methods. In this way it's impossible to perform any kind of analysis.
>>>
>>> As an example, here is a snippet of the obtained MSE:
>>>
>>> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 430073)
>>> (name 'mZoomIn')
>>> (parentType (ref: 368554))
>>> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
>>> (isPrivate true)
>>> (isFinal true)
>>> )

>>> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 450685)
>>> (name 'mZoomIn')
>>> (parentType (ref: 450670))
>>> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
>>> (isPrivate true)
>>> (isFinal true)
>>> )
>>>
>>> The 'parentType's 368554 and 450670 are the same, but duplicated as well.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> RM

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: MSE duplicated entities

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
I solved the issue.

By chance the class I was analyzing, ZoomControls, from an "External Android Apps" was an exact copy-paste of an Android library class. That's why I ended up with duplicates.

Cheers,
RM

On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Roberto Minelli wrote:

> The simple project analyzed is this one http://goo.gl/vAhfO
>
> Without adding the Android SDK sources the MSE is fine. Then I copied the Android SDK in the source folder of the project (this because I need to extract dependencies between Android apps and Android SDK). In this way the MSE is wrong. If you're interested in reproduce my case you can download the Android SDK (from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) and copy the "android" folder in the "src" folder of the ZoomerWithKeys project. Then try to generate the mse and take a look at the 'mZoomIn' attribute, for example.
>
> The classes do not appear twice and they do not appear in different packages, as I said the project has just one single class ;)
>
> Thanks for your interest,
> RM
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is strange. If it is like that, it is a bug. However, I would like to learn more about the structure of your sources. Could it be that these classes appear twice? Or maybe that they appear in different packages?
>>
>> Are these source available?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 3 Mar 2012, at 15:38, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding inFamix and the MSE format.
>>>
>>> I have an Android project composed by a single class. I need to perform an analysis on the Invocations. For this reason I need the source code of the library called. Thus I copied some of the sources of the Android SDK inside the src folder of the project. When I generate the MSE file of the project I end up having a problem: Each FAMIX entity, i.e., FAMIX.Attribute, appears twice in the MSE. I have duplicated classes, attributes, invocations and methods. In this way it's impossible to perform any kind of analysis.
>>>
>>> As an example, here is a snippet of the obtained MSE:
>>>
>>> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 430073)
>>> (name 'mZoomIn')
>>> (parentType (ref: 368554))
>>> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
>>> (isPrivate true)
>>> (isFinal true)
>>> )

>>> (FAMIX.Attribute (id: 450685)
>>> (name 'mZoomIn')
>>> (parentType (ref: 450670))
>>> (declaredType (ref: 413535))
>>> (isPrivate true)
>>> (isFinal true)
>>> )
>>>
>>> The 'parentType's 368554 and 450670 are the same, but duplicated as well.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> RM

Re: MSE duplicated entities

Tudor Girba-2
Haa ... you cannot say I did not warn you that this was the case :)

I am happy you solved the issue. Please let us know if you need more help.

Cheers,
Doru

On 4 Mar 2012, at 10:54, [hidden email] wrote:

> I solved the issue.
>
> By chance the class I was analyzing, ZoomControls, from an "External Android Apps" was an exact copy-paste of an Android library class. That's why I ended up with duplicates.
>
> Cheers,
> RM
>
> On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Roberto Minelli wrote:
>
>> The simple project analyzed is this one http://goo.gl/vAhfO
>>
>> Without adding the Android SDK sources the MSE is fine. Then I copied the Android SDK in the source folder of the project (this because I need to extract dependencies between Android apps and Android SDK). In this way the MSE is wrong. If you're interested in reproduce my case you can download the Android SDK (from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) and copy the "android" folder in the "src" folder of the ZoomerWithKeys project. Then try to generate the mse and take a look at the 'mZoomIn' attribute, for example.
>>
>> The classes do not appear twice and they do not appear in different packages, as I said the project has just one single class ;)
>>
>> Thanks for your interest,
>> RM
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is strange. If it is like that, it is a bug. However, I would like to learn more about the structure of your sources. Could it be that these classes appear twice? Or maybe that they appear in different packages?
>>>
>>> Are these source available?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

www.tudorgirba.com

Innovation comes in least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened.