MSE models repository

Andrea Caracciolo
Hi folks,

At the following address you will find a repository of MSE files derived from the Qualitas Corpus:

The purpose of this repository is providing a common and easy to setup dataset for (moose-based) analyses.
The files can be freely downloaded and used.

The repository has the following structure:
- QualitasCorpus
- yyyymmdd(e | r): qualitas corpus with MSE files
- yyyymmdd(e | r)-compressed: original qualitas corpus (as downloaded from http://qualitascorpus.com/)
- extractor: tool used to generate MSE files (verveineJ SVN rev. 192)
- mse: generated MSE files
- scripts: shell script for setting up the analysis data folder

How to setup the analysis data folder ?
1. download all files available at http://scg.unibe.ch/pangea/scripts/
2. chmod +x
3a. ./fetchQCr.sh for downloading and uncompressing Qualitas Corpus "recent release" + MSE files
3b. ./fetchQCe.sh for downloading and uncompressing Qualitas Corpus "evolution release" + MSE files

How to run an analysis ?
Use a script like this>
cog="path/to/CogVM"
moose="path/to/moose.image"
smalltalk="path/to/SmallTalkCode.st"

for m in $(find . -name 'model.mse'); do
src=${m/model.mse/src}
        ln -s $m model.mse         # link to model file
ln -s $src src     # link to src file
        $cog -nodisplay $moose $smalltalk
rm model.mse
rm src
done
where SmallTalkCode.st is something like>
| stream model |
model := MooseModel new.
stream:= MultiByteFileStream newFrom:(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'model.mse').
model name:(FileDirectory baseNameFor: stream localName).
model importFromMSEStream: stream.
model size > 0 ifTrue: [ model install ].
model rootFolder:'src'.

"… analysis ..."

WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ SmalltalkImage current snapshot: false andQuit: true ].

Re: MSE models repository

jannik laval
Hi Andre,

I am understanding that I can delete the mse files I have on my computer, right ?
It is a great work.

You should add a page on moosetechnology.org with the content of your mail.

Cheers,
Jannik.

On Sep 4, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Andrea Caracciolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

---
Jannik Laval

Re: MSE models repository

Andrea Caracciolo
Yes you can :)

I will add the page, but i'm missing an account.
Should i ask Doru ?

On Sep 5, 2012, at 8:40 PM, jannik.laval wrote:

[...]

Tudor Girba-2
Thank you!

Doru

On 6 Sep 2012, at 11:45, Andrea Caracciolo wrote:

> I've just added a news item and a short doc page.
>
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/news
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/Pangea
>

> On Sep 6, 2012, at 10:11 AM, Andrea Caracciolo wrote:
>
>> Yes you can :)
>>
>> I will add the page, but i'm missing an account.
>> Should i ask Doru ?
>>

>> On Sep 5, 2012, at 8:40 PM, jannik.laval wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andre,
>>>

>>> I am understanding that I can delete the mse files I have on my computer, right ?
>>> It is a great work.
>>>
>>> You should add a page on moosetechnology.org with the content of your mail.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jannik.

>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: MSE models repository

jannik laval
Hi Andrea,

I have a simple question: why the model you generated and the model I generated are differents?
It seems that our version of VerveineJ was different. But there are differences like number of classes.

The two models are here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7739334/My-ant-1.8.2.mse.zip
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7739334/Your-ant-1.8.2.mse.zip

Cheers,
Jannik

On Sep 6, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> Doru
>

> On 6 Sep 2012, at 11:45, Andrea Caracciolo wrote:
>
>> I've just added a news item and a short doc page.
>>
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/news
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/Pangea
>>

>> On Sep 6, 2012, at 10:11 AM, Andrea Caracciolo wrote:
>>
>>> Yes you can :)
>>>
>>> I will add the page, but i'm missing an account.
>>> Should i ask Doru ?

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

---
Jannik Laval

Re: MSE models repository

Andrea Caracciolo
The version i used is the one you can find here: http://scg.unibe.ch/pangea/extractor/
do you get a different model also if you use that specific extractor ?

Andrea