MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

marcel.taeumel (old)

I got rid of several nasty bugs. Seems to work fine now except for some visual glitches.

Best,
Marcel

Re: [SPAM] [squeak-dev] MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

Mateusz Grotek
Dnia 12.04.2015 21:12:39, Marcel Taeumel napisaƂ(a):

> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4819215/mvc.png>
>
> I got rid of several nasty bugs. Seems to work fine now except for
> some
> visual glitches.
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Thats great!

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

David T. Lewis
On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 12:12:39PM -0700, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4819215/mvc.png>
>
> I got rid of several nasty bugs. Seems to work fine now except for some
> visual glitches.

Excellent!

With a good useable MVC environment it should be possible to utimately
make Morphic itself into a fully unloadable/reloadable environment.

Dave

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

marcel.taeumel (old)
Like a Linux system that comes with some kind of shell and is able to load any kind of graphical environment or other shell? :-D

Best,
Marcel

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

timfelgentreff
Well, regarding that I feel the scripting package could eventually go into trunk ;)

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/12/15, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4819215/mvc.png>
>
> I got rid of several nasty bugs. Seems to work fine now except for some
> visual glitches.
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Great success, Marcel

Could you please elaborate a bit what you did?

--Hannes

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

marcel.taeumel (old)
Basically, MVC got bugs whenever the MorphicToolBuilder was extended "recklessly" w/o considering the MVCToolBuilder.

MVC has no tree view yet---not even a fallback. Having this, we need to keep the old-style FileList GUI for MVC.

Then the variety of list morphs are sometimes difficult for MVC. That is, the multi-selection and challenging callbacks of the AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany makes it difficult to fall-back on PluggableListMorph (resp. PluggableListView). One example is MessageTrace.

In the long run, we should provide a simple tree view for MVC (e.g. one like Apple's multi-column views to just recycle PluggableListView in a scroll pane) and merge multi-selection behavior of AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany into PluggableListMorph and think about fall-backs to keep MVC development manageable.

Besides that: Everything looks fine. Not much effort required to keep MVC functional. :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/13/15, 4:14 AM, "Marcel Taeumel"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Like a Linux system that comes with some kind of shell and is able to load
> any kind of graphical environment or other shell? :-D
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Bravo Marcel !!!

And why do not have a SqueakNOS like our Pharo cousins?

Tiny Core or SliTaz as Linux part ...

A working pendrive could be made.

Edgar

Re: MVC in Squeak 4.6/5.0 *thumbs up*