MVP NightSchool again. Last one. Promised. Really. O:-)

MVP NightSchool again. Last one. Promised. Really. O:-)

Fernando Rodríguez
Hi,

I just finished the MVP NightSchool stage 3. This iteration still
leaves you with one 'manual' event (#libraryChanged) used to update
the list of available books.

This situation is similar to the situation of the books list at stage
2, where the manual events were removed and delegated to the events in
ListModel.

If you do the same thing to the list of availble books:
a) keep a permanent list and ListModel
b) Share it between the Library and the listPresenter in LibraryShell

you can also get rid of this last manual event.  Is there any good
reason no t to do so? I don't think so, but just want to be sure....

OTOH, Ian, thank you very much for taking the time to write down the
NightSchool tutorial. It really helped me to understand the MVP thing.
Object Arts should definetly hire you as the official documenter. ;-)

I'm not sure why, but MVP was BY FAR the steepest part of the St
learning curve. However, a few hours ago, in a 'satori-like' sudden
enlightenment, I think I finally got it. ;-)

Thanks!

Re: MVP NightSchool again. Last one. Promised. Really. O:-)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Fernando,

> I'm not sure why, but MVP was BY FAR the steepest part of the St
> learning curve. However, a few hours ago, in a 'satori-like' sudden
> enlightenment, I think I finally got it. ;-)

If you can figure out why it was difficult, please let us know - seriously.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: MVP NightSchool again. Last one. Promised. Really. O:-)

Fernando Rodríguez
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 13:53:30 -0500, Bill Schwab
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Fernando,
>
>> I'm not sure why, but MVP was BY FAR the steepest part of the St
>> learning curve. However, a few hours ago, in a 'satori-like' sudden
>> enlightenment, I think I finally got it. ;-)
>
>If you can figure out why it was difficult, please let us know - seriously.

Is it a common problem for newbies?

Re: MVP NightSchool again. Last one. Promised. Really. O:-)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Fernando,

>>If you can figure out why it was difficult, please let us know - seriously.
>
> Is it a common problem for newbies?

Yes, and the end result is always something like "Why was this so hard?
It seems simple enough now".  Welcome to the club :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: MVP NightSchool again. Last one. Promised. Really. O:-)

Ian Bartholomew-19
Fernando,

> you can also get rid of this last manual event.  Is there any good
> reason no t to do so? I don't think so, but just want to be sure....

I can't see any reason why not, and it seems to work as expected if you
replace availableBooks with a shared ListModel.

> OTOH, Ian, thank you very much for taking the time to write down the
> NightSchool tutorial. It really helped me to understand the MVP thing.
> Object Arts should definetly hire you as the official documenter. ;-)

What have I done to upset you then :-)

I really hate doing documentation (as the lack of it for my goodies
indicates only too well) and even the thought of doing it for a living has
made me come over all faint :-)

> I'm not sure why, but MVP was BY FAR the steepest part of the St
> learning curve. However, a few hours ago, in a 'satori-like' sudden
> enlightenment, I think I finally got it. ;-)

Glad to have helped.

Are now you OK with the way #copy works, and the differences between a
shallow and deep copy?  I was going to reply the other day but didn't get
round to it.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.