Ma base extensions in 4.1 was: [squeak-dev] Releasing 4.1

Ma base extensions in 4.1 was: [squeak-dev] Releasing 4.1

Chris Muller-3
Hi Edgar, I have been working on upgrading the entire "Ma" platform to
4.1 as 4.1 has progressed toward final, but I have held off posting
them to public repositories until 4.1 "final" is released.

I will have the new versions posted very soon after 4.1 releases
"final", e.g., in just a few more days..

 - Chris

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is for Chris.
>
> I use Ma extensions for a long time , so very happy some of it is on base
> image now.
> But still many windows open when try to follow implementors and senders.
> Not so in my own fork using Ma base additions-cmm.34.
>
> I must set some preference?
> Or not all of your previous ma is on base 4.1 and should be loaded from
> SqueakSource ?
>
> Very thanks.
>
> Edgar

Re: Ma base extensions in 4.1 was: [squeak-dev] Releasing 4.1

Chris Muller-3
>> But still many windows open when try to follow implementors and senders.

Edgar, I just noticed here you seem to be referring to message-tracing
feature.  That *has* been integrated into the trunk image; just enable
the #traceMessages preference.  No need for any "Ma" packages for that
now.

Re: Ma base extensions in 4.1 was: Releasing 4.1

Andreas.Raab
On 4/16/2010 1:15 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> Hi Edgar, I have been working on upgrading the entire "Ma" platform to
> 4.1 as 4.1 has progressed toward final, but I have held off posting
> them to public repositories until 4.1 "final" is released.
>
> I will have the new versions posted very soon after 4.1 releases
> "final", e.g., in just a few more days..

Hopefully tonight. I just haven't heard back from the web team yet
regarding how to synchronize the update of the page and the release
announcement.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> This is for Chris.
>>
>> I use Ma extensions for a long time , so very happy some of it is on base
>> image now.
>> But still many windows open when try to follow implementors and senders.
>> Not so in my own fork using Ma base additions-cmm.34.
>>
>> I must set some preference?
>> Or not all of your previous ma is on base 4.1 and should be loaded from
>> SqueakSource ?
>>
>> Very thanks.
>>
>> Edgar

Re: Ma base extensions in 4.1 was: [squeak-dev] Releasing 4.1

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/16/10 5:17 PM, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> But still many windows open when try to follow implementors and senders.
>
> Edgar, I just noticed here you seem to be referring to message-tracing
> feature.  That *has* been integrated into the trunk image; just enable
> the #traceMessages preference.  No need for any "Ma" packages for that
> now.

Preferences setPreference: #traceMessages toValue: true seems do not have
any effect in the opening of many windows instead of only one.

But thanks anyway , I wait all ma was updated to 4.1.

Edgar

Re: Ma base extensions in 4.1 was: [squeak-dev] Releasing 4.1

Chris Muller-3
Ah, ok, you might also want to enable the "Reuse Windows" preference
in 4.1, which is standard, not part of Ma platform.

> But still many windows open when try to follow implementors and senders.

But "following implementors and senders" within the same browser is
controlled by the traceMessages option.

 - Chris