MaObjectSerializer Error: "Incomplete graph, check serializer configuration"

MaObjectSerializer Error: "Incomplete graph, check serializer configuration"

Hari
Hi All,

When attempting to serialise an object within my application, I get the error set out in the subject line, viz., "MaObjectSerializer Error: "Incomplete graph, check serializer configuration"

When I have attempted to serialise an object of TestClass1 contained in an object of TestClass2 pursuant to the following class hierarchy:

RectangleMorph
                        I_
                        TestClass1
                                        I_
                                        TestClass2

onto a file in the filesystem,

I have no problems.

What could be causing the error? If any of the morphs are stepping, would that cause this error?

Thanks in advance for all assistance,

Hari

Re: MaObjectSerializer Error: "Incomplete graph, check serializer configuration"

Chris Muller-3
Hi Hari, what this means is that Ma object serializer serialized a
reference to an object without including that object in the serialized
package.

That "missing" variable has the clue you need.  Take a look at the
MaFixedObjectBuffer(s) in there, it has an "oid", or object-id, that
is the object that *refers* to another object (via one of its #oids)
which did not get included in the serialized graph.  You need to find
out why.

First check what class it is by looking up its classId -- often that
can be enough info to solve the issue.  In the debugger, you could
evaluate:

   classIdManager classForId: 1234  "where 1234 is the classId in the buffer"

Also take a look at the buffers #oids.  Find out which one is not
known to the serilaizer by:

   oidManager objectWithOid: 1234 ifAbsent: [ 'this object not in the
serializer' ]

Once you know what kind of object, we can then figure out why it
wasn't serialized.

 - Chris