Mac 32bit cursor Support weirdness

Andreas.Raab

Folks -

We're trying to use the 32bit cursor support and there does seem to be
some weirdness on the Mac. Using the olpcNormal cursor from the Etoys
image we see some black spots on the outline of the cursor. It's not
that the shadow is missing it seems to be just some pixels on the
outline. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make a screenshot that
includes a cursor, but has anyone seen a similar effect?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Mac 32bit cursor Support weirdness

Bert Freudenberg

On 31.08.2009, at 23:32, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Folks -
>
> We're trying to use the 32bit cursor support and there does seem to
> be some weirdness on the Mac. Using the olpcNormal cursor from the
> Etoys image we see some black spots on the outline of the cursor.
> It's not that the shadow is missing it seems to be just some pixels
> on the outline. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make a screenshot
> that includes a cursor, but has anyone seen a similar effect?

Did you try the very latest Etoys image? We had a problem with not pre-
multiplying the cursor correctly before:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-302

Fix at http://squeakland.org/updates/

- Bert -

Re: Mac 32bit cursor Support weirdness

Brad Fowlow-2

Bert sez ....

> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-302

Yep, that fixes the black-bits we were seeing.
Thanks Bert.

-b