Mac VM 5.2b1 ships

johnmci
I've push the latest cocoa based 32/64bit macintel/powerpc VM to the folder experimental/64bits in the regular places found via http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Look for the

Squeak 64/32 5.2b1.app

This *beta* VM runs in 32 or 64 bit mode on macIntel, and 32bit mode on powerpc to support Squeak 32bit images.

I've updated the app so that the extended clipboard support is built in so that you can do cut/copy/paste in the latest Pharo image.
At the moment the only supported plugin is the FreeType2 (32/64bit mode) and is also included, I hope to rebuild the mac menu logic in a few weeks/days.

It is possible the VM will support other plugins, but only if you run it in 32bit mode via get info.

As a reminder I do need more people to use it as their development platform so we can work out any bugs.

I'll look at building a 64bit vm/ 64bit images if there is interest...

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

Re: Mac VM 5.2b1 ships

Lukas Renggli
Hi John

> As a reminder I do need more people to use it as their development platform so we can work out any bugs.

It would make testing much easier if you provided a direct download
link. It usually takes me a couple of minutes to find the right file,
which is not ideal if you would like to get as much feedback as
possible. Also the slash in the package name makes things more
difficult than necessary. For my comments below I am referring to
"experimental/64bit/32bitImage*64bitVM/Squeak 64\/32 5.2b1.app", which
seems to have a timestamp from today.

- Running the Seaside 3.0 tests reproducibly results in the attached
crash of the VM (seaside-crash.txt).

- Running the Seaside 2.8, Pier, Magritte, Refactoring and OB tests
work fine. I also worked a bit with the VM and couldn't observe other
problems. The clipboard works well.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

seaside-crash.txt (33K) Download Attachment