Mac VM 5.2b3 & iPhone VM 2.1.0 ships

johnmci
I've push the latest cocoa based 32/64bit macintel/powerpc VM

Various users pointed out that option-arrow key did not work.  Oddly I had marked moveWordForward/Back/etc as being required but couldn't figure out what the magic keystrokes were.
5.2b3 fixes the problem.

Look for the  folder experimental/64bits in the regular places found via http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html
or
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/64bit/32bitImage*64bitVM/

file name:
Squeak 64-32 5.2b3.app.zip

This *beta* VM runs in 32 or 64 bit mode on macIntel, and 32bit mode on powerpc to support Squeak 32bit images.
Requires  os-x 10.5 or higher.

--------------------------------
iPhone VM 2.1.0

The iPhone VM now uses the pharo1.0-10502-rc1dev09.12.2.image
The image feels faster, likely due to the ongoing Pharo optimization work.

I note I can no longer build custom VM's for people's iPhones since I've exceeded the number of devices I can dedicate to
iPhone development. People who have not use the iPhone VM in the past will need another developer to build a VM for them,
or will need to purchase Apple's iPhone SDK.

-----------------------------------
For the moment source for both VMs can be found at http://isqueak.org

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

Re: Mac VM 5.2b3 & iPhone VM 2.1.0 ships

Mike Hales
I've tried the Mac VM on my 32bit (Core Duo) Macbook Pro. I've had several vm crashes running the squeak trunk image, when changing projects. How can I get you useful information to help debug?

Mike

Mike Hales
Engineering Manager
KnowledgeScape
www.kscape.com

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:35 PM, John M McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mike the crash reports can be found in
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter
Just email me the current squeak VM ones.

Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com