Mac/iOS VM obsolete SetMacFileTypeAndCreator

Mac/iOS VM obsolete SetMacFileTypeAndCreator

Javier Diaz-Reinoso

I find that the actual CogVM and also the new branch Cocoa Cog and iOS VM are setting the Type and Creator info of files (work in Mac, not in iOS devices), this thing are about 14 years obsolete, I think is time to retire this code.

I find the code in the files:

- Cog/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c
        sqFileOpen
- Cog/platforms/Mac OS/plugins/AsynchFilePlugin/sqMacAsyncFilePrims.c
        asyncFileOpen

apart from be obsolete interfere with the correct display of the icon of the file.

Re: Mac/iOS VM obsolete SetMacFileTypeAndCreator

Eliot Miranda-2

+1

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 9:02 AM, Javier Diaz-Reinoso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I find that the actual CogVM and also the new branch Cocoa Cog and iOS VM are setting the Type and Creator info of files (work in Mac, not in iOS devices), this thing are about 14 years obsolete, I think is time to retire this code.
>
> I find the code in the files:
>
> - Cog/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c
>    sqFileOpen
> - Cog/platforms/Mac OS/plugins/AsynchFilePlugin/sqMacAsyncFilePrims.c
>    asyncFileOpen
>
> apart from be obsolete interfere with the correct display of the icon of the file.

Re: Mac/iOS VM obsolete SetMacFileTypeAndCreator

johnmci

let me look at what people do in this decade for this issue.

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk