MacOS instructions do not work on Mojave

1 message Options

MacOS instructions do not work on Mojave

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

Before starting, note that I am not MacOS user. Most of experiments I have
done on MacOS Mojave in VirualBox and with friend with mac with MacOS
Mojave.

On https://pharo.org/download there are instructions how to run Pharo on
MacOS. These steps are however not needed for Pharo Launcher which is now
default download - it runs out of a box, you just have to confirm you really
want to start it.

On the other hand, these instructions do not work for "Pharo
standalone"/"platform"/"all in one" package at all and just with these
instructions such package cannot be started. Possibility to use this package
without Launcher is important to me. Error is: "Pharo6.1-64 is damaged and
cannot be opened. You should move it to Trash." and not option to start
anyway.
There are two options on download page, but none of these work:
1) Right clicking and picking Open does not make any difference at all -
same error message is the result.
2) Going through settings - Security & Privacy does not work either because
option Anywhere does not appear after clicking on the lockpad and filling my
password - it is just not there.

Only way to overcome this is to run "sudo spctl --master-disable" in
terminal, which is command that is supposed to completely turn off
Gatekeeper. After this command is executed, Pharo opens just fine and even
the Anywhere option appears in security settings. It means that the Pharo
package is not damaged at all (as error message indicates), it is just not
properly signed.

<http://forum.world.st/file/t369698/Pharo-MacOS_Mojave.png>
<http://forum.world.st/file/t369698/Pharo-MacOS_Mojave-2.png>

Jan