MagLev 25223 released. First MagLev version that runs Seaside 3.0

MagLev 25223 released. First MagLev version that runs Seaside 3.0

Monty Williams-3
As I write this, I am running two Sinatra apps and a Seaside app on a single copy of MagLev 25223 running on my laptop.

I loaded Seaside using a Rake script as described at
  https://github.com/MagLev/maglev/blob/master/src/topaz/README.rdoc
Seaside can also be loaded from a GemTools image if you prefer.

We have some Seaside 3.0 problems, e.g.
  http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=236
but enough runs to let people try it out and report any Seaside bugs to
  http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/list

Installation instructions are at
https://github.com/MagLev/maglev/blob/master/README.rdoc

NOTES:

MagLev now includes Rake and Bundler gems preinstalled. If $MAGLEV_HOME/bin/rake breaks for you, rename it to $MAGLEV_HOME/bin/maglev-rake.

Rake and Bundler won't show up if you do "gem list" under RVM. You can add an "after_use" hook in RVM to append the MagLev GEM_PATH to the RVM GEM_PATH:
  export GEM_PATH=$GEM_PATH:$MAGLEV_HOME/lib/maglev/gems/1.8

-- Monty

Re: MagLev 25223 released. First MagLev version that runs Seaside 3.0

Monty Williams-3

  a MetacelloProjectSpecLoadError occurred (error 2710), No version
  found for '2.2.0.3' of ConfigurationOfSwazoo2

So if you didn't load Seaside into MagLev previously, getting it loaded correctly will be complicated :-(

-- Monty

-- Monty

Re: [maglev-discussion] Re: MagLev 25223 released. First MagLev version that runs Seaside 3.0

Monty Williams-3
Loading Seaside30 into MagLev works again after some updates to external Metacello Configurations. There are still some bugs in running Seaside in MagLev, but they were impossible to debug when Seaside couldn't even be loaded.

Eventually I'll update the loadSeaside script (currently at https://github.com/MagLev/maglev/blob/master/src/topaz/loadSeaside.topaz) to validate Configurations and report errors rather than jumping directly into loading projects. I should refactor it at the same time to break it up into separate chunks that take arrays of configurations to validate or load.

If you have Topaz scripts to load code that works in MagLev that you'd like included with MagLev, email me. I can set up a separate github repo just for Topaz scripts for other projects.

Thanks,
Monty