Magazine

pravric
Is there a magazine devoted to smalltalk?
Shouldn't there be one? Just my thoughts.

Re: Magazine

Georg Heeg
There was a magazine called Smalltalk Report published by SIGS. It was
discontinued in 1998.

Since then the Internet has become the main publication. Mainly blogs
replaced the magazine.

Do you have ideas how to create a new magazine? Should it be electronic?
There might be a place for it on the STIC web site. Do you know a volunteer
to become the editor?

Georg Heeg

STIC - Smalltalk Industry Council
Executive Director
Phone +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Is there a magazine devoted to smalltalk?
Shouldn't there be one? Just my thoughts.

Re: Magazine

hernanmd
2011/12/12 Georg Heeg <[hidden email]>:
> There was a magazine called Smalltalk Report published by SIGS. It was
> discontinued in 1998.
>
> Since then the Internet has become the main publication. Mainly blogs
> replaced the magazine.
>
> Do you have ideas how to create a new magazine? Should it be electronic?

Some steps:

1) Feasibility. Perform a market segmentation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_segmentation
2) Make an Executive Summary: objectives, priorities, motivation,
publication style, innovation elements, updating (weekly, monthly,
printed serial? on-line serial? both?, etc).
3) Establish content, structure, aesthetics, editorial staff and office.
4) Collect experts for new articles, reviewers, e-mails, graphic
designers, etc.

In some point you should get an interview with a publishing editor
(with of course, the same interest in the area) or create your own.
Some steps must be performed by other institutions, for example, your
country ISSN centre should request an ISSN at the ISSN International,
etc.

Hernán

> There might be a place for it on the STIC web site. Do you know a volunteer
> to become the editor?
>
> Georg Heeg
>
> STIC - Smalltalk Industry Council
> Executive Director
> Phone +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Hernán Morales
Information Technology Manager,
Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
Internal: 422
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.