Magic mirror

I’ve been musing about making a Pi powered magic mirror for a while. The problem is that the typical software is nasty js/python/php stuff and I really don’t want that. Anyone interested in collaborating on a better way?

See for a bunch of posts about an early and nicely done exemplar, maybe and generally google for ‘raspberry pi magic mirror’.

We have JSON reading, MQTT handling, web fetching, morph animating, decent fonts (via Pango & the UnicodePlugin) and even some neat sound abilities. We could very reasonably run on a Pi Zero W, which is actually something that most web browser based code can’t do well. With a usb microphone we might even do Siri/Alexa integration?

tim Rowledge; [hidden email];
Strange OpCodes: PWB: Put to Waste Basket