Magma-Pier

1 message Options

Magma-Pier

keith1y
I am sending detailed instructions to the list for building and
configuring a seaside magma pier image. There is just one slight snag, I
haven't got it working with the latest pier yet. When I do I will also
provide a preloaded image.

regards

Keith
========

The first chapter!

Preparing a Seaside-Magma-Pier image from scratch. Their follows an
Installer script that you can use to build an image or compare with your
current image to see if it contains the required components.
(this should potentially work in 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.9 KernelImage or 3.10):
-----------

Obtain latest Installer-Core from http://www.squeaksource.com/Installer

-----------

"Image building script (execute in a workspace):"

squeakmap := Installer websqueakmap.
squeaksource := Installer squeaksource.
lukas := Installer repository: 'http://mc.lukas-renggli.ch/'.

"install some pre-requisites"
squeakmap install: 'DynamicBindings'.
squeakmap install: 'KomServices'.
squeakmap install: 'KomHttpServer'.
xmlparser := squeaksource project: 'XMLSupport'.
xmlparser install: 'XML-Parser-mir.9'.

seaside := squeaksource project: 'Seaside'.
seaside answer: '*administrator*' with: 'seaside';
answer: '*config*' with: 'seaside';
answer: '*password*' with: 'admin'.

"install latest seaside and scriptaculous"
seaside install: 'Seaside2.7a1-kph.214';
install: 'Scriptaculous'.

"install latest magma"
magma := squeaksource project: 'MagmaTester'.
magma install: 'MagmaServerLoader';
install: 'Magma seaside';
install: 'Magma sunit'.

magma install: 'Seaside-Examples-Store-Magma'.

"install latest magritte and pier"
lukas answer: 'Would you like*' with: true;
answer: '*name of your Pier kernel*' with: 'Pier 1.0.5 SMP';
answer: '*entry point*' with: 'pier';
answer: '*pplication*' with: true.

lukas project: 'magritte';
install: 'Magritte-All'.