Magma-Pier

keith1y
Greetings!

My error was in attempting to run pier with magritte still 30 versions
behind.
Now that I have tested it with an up-to-date magritte, the
seaside-magma-pier instructions that I have previously posted to the
smallwiki mailing list should now work.

In summary:

1) Load seaside and pier as usual,
update to at least Seaside 2.7a1-kph.214 because that has a small fix in
it.
2) Load the latest Magma from squeaksource project, MagmaTester, package
MagmaServerLoader.
3) Load Pier-Magma, and Pier-PersistencyManager packages

Everything has a UI from there. Configure your app to have
WAMagmaConfiguration, and WAMagmaSharedSession. Use the 'magma'
dispatcher editor plugin link to initialize the database, and the 'pier'
dispatcher editor plugin link to switch your pier kernel between
persistency schemes. (i.e. to turn PRMagmaPersistency on/off).

best regards

Keith

Re: Magma-Pier

Alexander Lazarevic'
Keith,

many thanks for the extensive description. I will look at it at the weekend.

Alex

Keith Hodges schrieb:

> Greetings!
>
> My error was in attempting to run pier with magritte still 30 versions
> behind.
> Now that I have tested it with an up-to-date magritte, the
> seaside-magma-pier instructions that I have previously posted to the
> smallwiki mailing list should now work.
>
> In summary:
>
> 1) Load seaside and pier as usual,
> update to at least Seaside 2.7a1-kph.214 because that has a small fix in
> it.
> 2) Load the latest Magma from squeaksource project, MagmaTester, package
> MagmaServerLoader.
> 3) Load Pier-Magma, and Pier-PersistencyManager packages
>
> Everything has a UI from there. Configure your app to have
> WAMagmaConfiguration, and WAMagmaSharedSession. Use the 'magma'
> dispatcher editor plugin link to initialize the database, and the 'pier'
> dispatcher editor plugin link to switch your pier kernel between
> persistency schemes. (i.e. to turn PRMagmaPersistency on/off).
>
> best regards
>
> Keith

Re: Magma-Pier

Brad Fuller
Alexander Lazarevic' wrote:
> Keith,
>
> many thanks for the extensive description. I will look at it at the weekend.

Yes, Keith. Thanks for the nice process!

brad

> Alex
>
> Keith Hodges schrieb:
>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> My error was in attempting to run pier with magritte still 30 versions
>> behind.
>> Now that I have tested it with an up-to-date magritte, the
>> seaside-magma-pier instructions that I have previously posted to the
>> smallwiki mailing list should now work.
>>
>> In summary:
>>
>> 1) Load seaside and pier as usual,
>> update to at least Seaside 2.7a1-kph.214 because that has a small fix in
>> it.
>> 2) Load the latest Magma from squeaksource project, MagmaTester, package
>> MagmaServerLoader.
>> 3) Load Pier-Magma, and Pier-PersistencyManager packages
>>
>> Everything has a UI from there. Configure your app to have
>> WAMagmaConfiguration, and WAMagmaSharedSession. Use the 'magma'
>> dispatcher editor plugin link to initialize the database, and the 'pier'
>> dispatcher editor plugin link to switch your pier kernel between
>> persistency schemes. (i.e. to turn PRMagmaPersistency on/off).
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Keith

brad fuller
 http://www.Sonaural.com/