Magma + Seaside (+Seaside28Jetsam?)

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Hi,
I am trying to get a working image that includes Seaside and Magma.
I am using the latest Pharo web as my start point.
I have published a couple of Monticellos with the extension migrations from BlockContext to BlockClosure.  After this, Magma seems to work fine in Pharo.
But, to install the seaside modules, the wiki says that I must first install
Seaside28Jetsam
Which seems to break Seaside (2.8). This was surprising since the latest version seems to be very recent (7th of July).
Any clues on how to get this stack working will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

r.

Re: Magma + Seaside (+Seaside28Jetsam?)

keith1y
Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get a working image that includes Seaside and Magma.
> I am using the latest Pharo web as my start point.
> I have published a couple of Monticellos with the extension migrations
> from BlockContext to BlockClosure.  After this, Magma seems to work
> fine in Pharo.
> But, to install the seaside modules, the wiki says that I must first
> install
> Seaside28Jetsam
> Which seems to break Seaside (2.8). This was surprising since the
> latest version seems to be very recent (7th of July).
> Any clues on how to get this stack working will be greatly appreciated.
> Cheers
>
> r.
I liitle more info on what's "broken" would be good

Keith

Re: Magma + Seaside (+Seaside28Jetsam?)

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Sorry for the little info Keith.
Here's a bit more, but if you load Seaside28Jetsam.kph.79.mcz in the latest Pharo web, you will see that just accessing http://localhost:8080/seaside you get:

MessageNotUnderstood: WAWalkback>>updateRootLibraries:

WASession>>updateRoot:
WARenderContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>updateRoot:
WARenderContinuation>>newHtmlRoot
WARenderContinuation>>processRendering:
[] in WARenderContinuation>>render
WARenderContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>respond:
WARenderContinuation>>render
[] in WARenderContinuation>>run
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WARenderContinuation>>withNotificationHandler:
WARenderContinuation>>run
WARenderLoop>>run
[] in WARenderLoop>>call:withToolFrame:
AnswerContinuation class(Continuation class)>>currentDo:
WARenderLoop>>call:withToolFrame:
WAWalkbackErrorHandler>>open:
WAWalkbackErrorHandler>>handleError:
WAWalkbackErrorHandler class(WAErrorHandler class)>>handleError:
[] in [] in WASession>>withErrorHandler:
BlockClosure>>valueWithPossibleArgs:

If you load version 77, you can access the home but you can't configure the application's options, you see something like:

Configuration

General

Deployment Modefalsefixed set by client
Error HandlerWAWalkbackErrorHandlerfixedset by client
Main ClassWARenderLoopMainfixed set by client
Redirect Continuation ClassWARedirectContinuationfixedset by client

I hope this helps.
Cheers

r.

Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:

> Sorry for the little info Keith.
> Here's a bit more, but if you load Seaside28Jetsam.kph.79.mcz in the
> latest Pharo web, you will see that just accessing
> http://localhost:8080/seaside you get:
>

>     MessageNotUnderstood: WAWalkback>>updateRootLibraries:
>
> WASession>>updateRoot:
> WARenderContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>updateRoot:
 Ok fixed that issue... this missing method was in pier-jetsam (I
usually have both loaded)

Keith

Re: Magma + Seaside (+Seaside28Jetsam?)

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Hi Keith,
Thanks for looking at this.
The error still persists after loading version 80 though.
Cheers

r.