Magma...

David Zmick
I cant get magma figured out.  I REALLY need it, my image is reach 50 mb.  I am running squeak-web 3.10

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\

Re: Magma...

keith1y
David Zmick wrote:
> I cant get magma figured out.  I REALLY need it, my image is reach 50
> mb.  I am running squeak-web 3.10
>
> --
> David Zmick
> /dz0004455\
> http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
> http://dz0004455.blogspot.com
Before you get too worried... empty the Monticello caches.

If you have Kernel-Extensions loaded there are numerous cleanUp methods
for getting your image down a bit.

SmalltalkImage current cleanUpAll.

(this will turn off WAKom)

regards

Keith

Re: Magma...

David Zmick
I have it working on my fresh image, except for one thing, if i click any of the buttons in the PRPierControlPanel, i get this error:
PRPierControlPanel

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
David Zmick wrote:
> I cant get magma figured out.  I REALLY need it, my image is reach 50
> mb.  I am running squeak-web 3.10
>
> --
> David Zmick
> /dz0004455\
> http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
> http://dz0004455.blogspot.com
Before you get too worried... empty the Monticello caches.

If you have Kernel-Extensions loaded there are numerous cleanUp methods
for getting your image down a bit.

SmalltalkImage current cleanUpAll.

(this will turn off WAKom)

regards

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: Magma...

David Zmick
sorry, that isn't an error, it is this:

Error: WAMagmaConfiguration not selected in application configuration

David Zmick wrote:
> I cant get magma figured out.  I REALLY need it, my image is reach 50
> mb.  I am running squeak-web 3.10
>
> --
> David Zmick
> /dz0004455\
> http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
> http://dz0004455.blogspot.com
Before you get too worried... empty the Monticello caches.

If you have Kernel-Extensions loaded there are numerous cleanUp methods
for getting your image down a bit.

SmalltalkImage current cleanUpAll.

(this will turn off WAKom)

regards

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: Magma...

David Zmick
so, how do i get my pier site out of one image and into another, now that i have magma working, i think, on both of them?

David Zmick wrote:

> so, how do i get my pier site out of one image and into another, now
> that i have magma working, i think, on both of them?
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM, David Zmick <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     sorry, that isn't an error, it is this:
>

>         Error: WAMagmaConfiguration not selected in application
>         configuration

This error indicates that you have not added WAMagmaConfiguration to
your pier application in /seaside/config

This error should not (I think) occur when clicking "any buttons", but
it should occur if you attempt to select PRMagmaPersistency.

When it is present you should get a "Migrate" button, this will migrate
the kernel, from memory into the database, then a "confirm" dialog will
offer you the chance to commit to this.

The pier data is now "out of your image".

Then if you take your new image, and configure that to connect to the
same magma database, you should be able to configure a kernel (with the
same name) with PRMagmaPersistency, it will see the existing kernel in
the database, and adopt it. If you then switch the persistency back to
PRNullPersistency the database should be imported back into memory in
its entirety.

btw history is not yet supported in magma, however it might be if
PRMagmaPersistency was a subclass of PRHistoryPersistency

Keith

Re: Magma...

David Zmick
this isnt working, I think i have it, then i breaks, and it breaks differently each time... hmm.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
David Zmick wrote:
> so, how do i get my pier site out of one image and into another, now
> that i have magma working, i think, on both of them?
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM, David Zmick <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     sorry, that isn't an error, it is this:
>

>         Error: WAMagmaConfiguration not selected in application
>         configuration

This error indicates that you have not added WAMagmaConfiguration to
your pier application in /seaside/config

This error should not (I think) occur when clicking "any buttons", but
it should occur if you attempt to select PRMagmaPersistency.

When it is present you should get a "Migrate" button, this will migrate
the kernel, from memory into the database, then a "confirm" dialog will
offer you the chance to commit to this.

The pier data is now "out of your image".

Then if you take your new image, and configure that to connect to the
same magma database, you should be able to configure a kernel (with the
same name) with PRMagmaPersistency, it will see the existing kernel in
the database, and adopt it. If you then switch the persistency back to
PRNullPersistency the database should be imported back into memory in
its entirety.

btw history is not yet supported in magma, however it might be if
PRMagmaPersistency was a subclass of PRHistoryPersistency

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: Magma...

David Zmick
i think i got it

David Zmick wrote:
> so, how do i get my pier site out of one image and into another, now
> that i have magma working, i think, on both of them?
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM, David Zmick <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     sorry, that isn't an error, it is this:
>

>         Error: WAMagmaConfiguration not selected in application
>         configuration

This error indicates that you have not added WAMagmaConfiguration to
your pier application in /seaside/config

This error should not (I think) occur when clicking "any buttons", but
it should occur if you attempt to select PRMagmaPersistency.

When it is present you should get a "Migrate" button, this will migrate
the kernel, from memory into the database, then a "confirm" dialog will
offer you the chance to commit to this.

The pier data is now "out of your image".

Then if you take your new image, and configure that to connect to the
same magma database, you should be able to configure a kernel (with the
same name) with PRMagmaPersistency, it will see the existing kernel in
the database, and adopt it. If you then switch the persistency back to
PRNullPersistency the database should be imported back into memory in
its entirety.

btw history is not yet supported in magma, however it might be if
PRMagmaPersistency was a subclass of PRHistoryPersistency

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: Magma...

David Zmick
I am still getting the error, even though Pier is clearlly using Magma. hmm. more on that later, im going to sleep.