Magritte "First Example" in Seaside Book

Magritte "First Example" in Seaside Book

bprior
I have been working on understanding Magritte and tried the First Example in the Seaside Book (Lulu publication, page 358, section 24.2).

The Example failed to run, apparently because the method keyword, accessor:, in the descriptions wasn't recognized. When I added my own getters and setters for the instance variable names (street, plz, etc) everything in the Example worked fine.

Is the code in the Example perhaps outdated? Could someone suggest what method I might use? I tried asAccessor: and selectorAccessor: with no success.

Re: Magritte "First Example" in Seaside Book

Lukas Renggli
Hi Bruce,

As the instructions say
(http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/magritte/first-examples) you
need to create the accessors for the instance variables.

For the missing method #accessor: I don't know. This method was not
always there, but unless you use a version that is older than 2009 you
should have it.

Please always state the Smalltalk Platform, Seaside and Magritte
versions you use.

Lukas

On 28 January 2012 20:46, Bruce Prior <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been working on understanding Magritte and tried the First Example in
> the Seaside Book (Lulu publication, page 358, section 24.2).
>
> The Example failed to run, apparently because the method keyword, accessor:,
> in the descriptions wasn't recognized. When I added my own getters and
> setters for the instance variable names (street, plz, etc) everything in the
> Example worked fine.
>
> Is the code in the Example perhaps outdated? Could someone suggest what
> method I might use? I tried asAccessor: and selectorAccessor: with no
> success.

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch