Magritte Meta Data at work - Tutorial a clarity reqd

Magritte Meta Data at work - Tutorial a clarity reqd

Sanjay Minni
From pg 16 of "meta data at work with Magritte - Tutorial", Stef

how are these to be entered since both method codes are in the same object
and methodName

MAAddress >> descriptionEndDate

^ MADateDescription new
accessor: #endDate;
label: 'End Date';
addCondition: [ :value | value > Date today ];
beRequired;
yourself

MAAddress >> descriptionEndDate

^ super descriptionContainer
addCondition: [ :object |
(object readUsing: self descriptionEndDate) >
(object readUsing: self descriptionStartDate)]
labelled: 'End date must be after start date';
yourself

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte Meta Data at work - Tutorial a clarity reqd

Stéphane Ducasse
probably a mistake :( send a PR when you find the solution.

On 26 Jan 2021, at 10:31, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:

From pg 16 of "meta data at work with Magritte - Tutorial", Stef

how are these to be entered since both method codes are in the same object
and methodName

MAAddress >> descriptionEndDate

^ MADateDescription new
accessor: #endDate;
label: 'End Date';
addCondition: [ :value | value > Date today ];
beRequired;
yourself

MAAddress >> descriptionEndDate

^ super descriptionContainer
addCondition: [ :object |
(object readUsing: self descriptionEndDate) >
(object readUsing: self descriptionStartDate)]
labelled: 'End date must be after start date';
yourself

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Magritte Meta Data at work - Tutorial a clarity reqd

Sanjay Minni
Hi Stef,

i tried by changing the method name to >> descriptionContainer which seemed obvious
and then I got the following errors (added a field Graduation Date and a check at container lever for Graduation Date > Birthday)

Request for any hints to the right solution.

A: Walkback deprecated method being used:
==================================
    PharoDescContErr1.jpg

B: whole screen formatting's gone haywire
=================================
    PharoDescContErr2.jpg

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 00:00, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
probably a mistake :( send a PR when you find the solution.

From pg 16 of "meta data at work with Magritte - Tutorial", Stef

--
---
Sanjay Minni
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte Meta Data at work - Tutorial a clarity reqd

Sanjay Minni
OK,

got this to work as follows as of now
Changed the second part of the code - i.e. to push the (validation) rules to
the container as follows

MAAddress >> descriptionContainer       "// (i.e. not descriptionEndDate) as
in the document"
    <magritteContainer>                        "// (i.e. not
<magritteDescription> as in the document"
    ^ super descriptionContainer
        addCondition: [ :object |
            (object readUsing: self descriptionEndDate) >
            (object readUsing: self descriptionStartDate)]
        labelled: 'End date must be after start date';
       yourself

@Stef: If you want I can send a PR but I really haven't done it before and I
dont have a GH client on my machine if thats reqd - i only interact thru
iceberg - if thats relevant

Stéphane Ducasse wrote
> probably a mistake :( send a PR when you find the solution.
>
>> On 26 Jan 2021, at 10:31, Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> From pg 16 of "meta data at work with Magritte - Tutorial", Stef
>>
>> how are these to be entered since both method codes are in the same
>> object
>> and methodName
>>
>> MAAddress >> descriptionEndDate
>>
>> ^ MADateDescription new
>> accessor: #endDate;
>> label: 'End Date';
>> addCondition: [ :value | value > Date today ];
>> beRequired;
>> yourself
>>
>> MAAddress >> descriptionEndDate
>>
>> ^ super descriptionContainer
>> addCondition: [ :object |
>> (object readUsing: self descriptionEndDate) >
>> (object readUsing: self descriptionStartDate)]
>> labelled: 'End date must be after start date';
>> yourself
>>

>> -----
>> cheers,
>> Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

> Stéphane Ducasse
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr / http://www.pharo.org
> 03 59 35 87 52
> Assistant: Aurore Dalle
> FAX 03 59 57 78 50
> TEL 03 59 35 86 16
> S. Ducasse - Inria
> 40, avenue Halley,
> Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
> Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
> France

-----
cheers,