[Magritte] Pragmas

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

how pragmas are planned to be used with magritte and pier ?

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [Magritte] Pragmas

Lukas Renggli-2
> how pragmas are planned to be used with magritte and pier ?

The details have to be determined yet, it mainly helps to ensure
extensibility and avoids to have naming conventions; probably there
are other possibilites:

* Magritte-Descriptions

- Now: There is a naming convention that all descriptions have to be
put on the class-side of the model and that their selectors should
look like #description[A-Z][A-Za-z0-9]+. Not only this is extremely
ugly but also forces other packages to override, if they want to
extend another package.

- Pragmas: It should be possible to define descriptions within
different methods, so that different packages are able to customize
the same description. Probably there are This could look like:

EditPage class>>contentsDescription (core package)
        <description>

        ^ MAMemoDescription selector: #contents

EditPage class>>contentsDescriptionComponent: aDescription (seaside
view)

        ^ aDescription componentClass: PRContentsEditor

EditPage class>>contentsDescriptionPersistency: aDescription
(persistency paackge)

        ^ aDescription persistencyStrategy: PROmniPersistent new

* Pier-Parser

- Now: The Pier-Wiki parser right now is quite limited, because
extensions cannot modify or extend its behaviour without duplicating
everything.

- Pragmas: I would like so simplify it so that it triggers sub-
parsers from line prefixes. These prefixes are defined as method-
pragmas so that other packages are able to add their own extensions.

Any other ideas?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Magritte] Pragmas

cbeler
Hi :)

I haven't been there for a week... and I see there are big changes in
Magritte...
I had an error while loading the last version  Magritte-All-lr.148
(because of MACachedBuilder>>modified) I had the 142 version before... I
also cant access the last test package version on monticello... so I'm
thinking of preparing another image... Is it possible to remove all
magritte related stuff and install a brand new one ( I have empty
categories  etc...). What is the "best way" to have a brand new magritte
? :)

You are getting rif of MACachedBuilder ?   there is
MADescriptionBuilder, Pragma...Named  ...  Is there something important
here to know or is it more about renaming and preparing pragma in magritte ?

Thanks

Cédrick

*//*

Re: [Magritte] Pragmas

Lukas Renggli-2
> I haven't been there for a week... and I see there are big changes in
> Magritte...

No, no, not so big.

> I had an error while loading the last version  Magritte-All-lr.148
> (because of MACachedBuilder>>modified) I had the 142 version
> before... I
> also cant access the last test package version on monticello... so I'm
> thinking of preparing another image... Is it possible to remove all
> magritte related stuff and install a brand new one ( I have empty
> categories  etc...). What is the "best way" to have a brand new
> magritte
> ? :)

Argh, this is due to a problem of Monticello being unable to load
code from a newer version itself. If you experience problems loading
code with Monticello retry with the latest version of Monticello.

I guess it is the best to stick with your old code for now, there is
nothing that changed much.

> You are getting rif of MACachedBuilder ?   there is
> MADescriptionBuilder, Pragma...Named  ...  Is there something
> important
> here to know or is it more about renaming and preparing pragma in
> magritte ?

No, I just renamed the classes.

- MADescriptionBuilder is the new common superclass of the builders.

- MANamedBuilder is the new default builder that works about the same
as the old MACachedBuilder.

- MAPragmaBuilder is an experimental builder taking the descriptions
from Pragmas, it should be loadable in old versions.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli