Magritte Tutorial MAReport>>refresh

Ch Lamprecht
Hello,

trying to follow the Magritte tutorial by Lukas Renggli, I got stuck in Exercise
12 : As the text says, the Report view is not updated and I tried to add calls
to #refresh the report where it seems reasonable (immediately after adding /
editing / removing a new MAPerson) - I also tried with a 'report refresh'
inserted in MAPersonManager>>renderContentOn: immediately before the call to
render the report without success. If I open the Object Inspector for the report
on the PersonManager page and perform 'self refresh'->doIt on the report I see
the cache set to nil. But when I close the Inspector and open It again it has
taken its old value, which is not the actual one.

Thanks for any hint, Christoph

Re: Magritte Tutorial MAReport>>refresh

Lukas Renggli
Hi Christoph,

> trying to follow the Magritte tutorial by Lukas Renggli, I got stuck in Exercise
> 12 : As the text says, the Report view is not updated and I tried to add calls
> to #refresh the report where it seems reasonable (immediately after adding /
> editing / removing a new MAPerson)

that makes sense. Are you using the latest version of Magritte?

How do you add/remove the elements? Maybe it helps to reassign the
collection to the report? 'report rows: myCollection'

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli schrieb:

 > Hi Christoph,
 >
 >
 >> trying to follow the Magritte tutorial by Lukas Renggli, I got stuck in Exercise
 >> 12 : As the text says, the Report view is not updated and I tried to add calls
 >> to #refresh the report where it seems reasonable (immediately after adding /
 >> editing / removing a new MAPerson)
 >
 >
 >
 > that makes sense. Are you using the latest version of Magritte?

Monticello Browser says

Magritte-Model-lr.300
Magritte-Seaside-lr.248

(In the left pane)

Sorry I'm really 'newby'. Is that the 'Version' number?

 > How do you add/remove the elements? Maybe it helps to reassign the
 > collection to the report? 'report rows: myCollection'

Yes, thank you! That does the trick...

Christoph

Re: Magritte Tutorial MAReport>>refresh

Lukas Renggli
> Magritte-Model-lr.300
> Magritte-Seaside-lr.248
>
> (In the left pane)
>
> Sorry I'm really 'newby'. Is that the 'Version' number?

Yes, that's perfect.

> > How do you add/remove the elements? Maybe it helps to reassign the
> > collection to the report? 'report rows: myCollection'
>
> Yes, thank you! That does the trick...

There is also the Magritte mailing-list.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli