Magritte and in general - missing methods

Magritte and in general - missing methods

Sanjay Minni
Hi I loaded Magritte in Pharo 8 / 9 thru iceberg from github, installed
default baseline, and then
i found methods asComponent, addValidatedForm are not available

it seems they in the other packages which have not been not loaded

Magritte Ques: which packages should I load for the whole gamut if I am
working in
Pharo + Seaside.

General pharo question: in a situation like this how do i figure out
which package contains the required methods

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/MagritteLoadingPharo.jpg>

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte and in general - missing methods

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sanjay Minni wrote
> Hi I loaded Magritte... from GitHub

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, what's the repo URL?

Sanjay Minni wrote
> asComponent, addValidatedForm are not available... it seems they in the
> other packages which have not been not loaded

Yes, Magritte doesn't load Seaside support by default.

Sanjay Minni wrote
> Magritte Ques: which packages should I load for the whole gamut if I am
> working in
> Pharo + Seaside.

Off the top of my head, try:
Metacello new
        baseline: 'Magritte';
        repository: 'github://magritte-metamodel/Magritte';
        load: #('Seaside').

Sanjay Minni wrote
> General pharo question: in a situation like this how do i figure out
> which package contains the required methods

Can be a bit tricky for unloaded code, but for GH you can use the web UI by
typing e.g. `asComponent` into the search bar and choosing "In this
repository"

-----
Cheers,
Sean