Magritte & customized rendering (e.g. autofocus)

1 message Options

Magritte & customized rendering (e.g. autofocus)

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I'd like to set autofocus for a field in a Magritte-generated form, but I
don't see a way to pass rendering customizations down through the API. After
reviewing the Seaside API and online book, it seems that I could:
- subclass the field description's component, although that seems too
heavy-weight as well as not quite at the right level because the property
might not apply to everywhere the component is reused
- use a decorator, but if possible this is not so straightforward, because I
have the component for the entire form and will have to go digging around to
find the field child component

What is the best practice here?

-----
Cheers,