Magritte examples in seaside/examples/examplebrowser

Magritte examples in seaside/examples/examplebrowser

Ch Lamprecht
Hello,

trying to browse the Magritte examples in examplebrowser I found the following
issues:
One is with
WAComponent class >>
     headerForExampleBrowser
         ^self name = self description
                ifTrue: [ self name ]
                ifFalse: [ self description , ' (' , self name , ')' ]

The 'Comma' op is defined in MADescription and #, tries to send #asContainer to
the following ByteStrings. An DNU Error is thrown.

Another is:

MAExampleEditor instancevariable 'description' is supposed to hold a Collection
- at least it is used that way e.g.:

MADescriptionEditor>>
buildReport
        ^ (MAReport rows: self description

however it is initialized with:

defaultDescription
        ^MAContainer new.

I changed
MAExampleEditor>>
description
        ^ description ifNil: [
            description := Array with: self defaultDescription ]

(adding the Array constructor) and that works. I don't know if it breaks other
things though...
Thanks for any suggestions and hints.

Cheers, Christoph

Re: Magritte examples in seaside/examples/examplebrowser

Ch Lamprecht
Ch Lamprecht schrieb:

> trying to browse the Magritte examples in examplebrowser I found the following
> issues:

> I changed
> MAExampleEditor>>
> description
> ^ description ifNil: [
>             description := Array with: self defaultDescription ]
>
> (adding the Array constructor) and that works. I don't know if it breaks other
> things though...

Oh yes, now I see: That breaks the edit/preview views -

> Thanks for any suggestions and hints.
>
> Cheers, Christoph

Re: Magritte examples in seaside/examples/examplebrowser

Lukas Renggli-2
> trying to browse the Magritte examples in examplebrowser I found the

> following
> issues:
> One is with
> WAComponent class >>
>     headerForExampleBrowser
>         ^self name = self description
> ifTrue: [ self name ]
> ifFalse: [ self description , ' (' , self name , ')' ]
>
> The 'Comma' op is defined in MADescription and #, tries to send
> #asContainer to
> the following ByteStrings. An DNU Error is thrown.
I am unable to reproduce? How did you trigger this DNU? What is the
stack trace?

> MAExampleEditor instancevariable 'description' is supposed to hold a
> Collection
> - at least it is used that way e.g.:
>
> MADescriptionEditor>>
> buildReport
> ^ (MAReport rows: self description
>
> however it is initialized with:
>
> defaultDescription
> ^MAContainer new.
>
> I changed
> MAExampleEditor>>
> description
> ^ description ifNil: [
>            description := Array with: self defaultDescription ]
>
> (adding the Array constructor) and that works. I don't know if it
> breaks other
> things though...
> Thanks for any suggestions and hints.
MAContainer is like a collection of descripiton. What breaks with the
current code? Why do you need to change it?

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Lukas Renggli schrieb:

>> trying to browse the Magritte examples in examplebrowser I found the
>> following
>> issues:
>> One is with
>> WAComponent class >>
>>     headerForExampleBrowser
>>         ^self name = self description
>>         ifTrue: [ self name ]
>>         ifFalse: [ self description , ' (' , self name , ')' ]
>>
>> The 'Comma' op is defined in MADescription and #, tries to send
>> #asContainer to
>> the following ByteStrings. An DNU Error is thrown.
>

> I am unable to reproduce? How did you trigger this DNU? What is the
> stack trace?

Starting with Magritte-Seaside 248
(MAReport demo was dropped in the meantime :251 ??)
opening http://localhost:8080/seaside/examples/examplebrowser

First needs fixes in MADescriptionEditor>>buildReport to open without an error
  MADescriptionEditor>>buildReport

      ^ (MAReport rows: self description children "added children here"

more fixes changing 'report refresh'  in add/edit/remove/Description

MADescriptionEditor example works in latest version of Magritte-Seaside (251) !

Then choosing MAReport from the dropdown list gives me:

Stack Trace

    1.

       thisContext
           ByteString(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #asContainer
       self
           ' ('
       aMessage
           asContainer

    2.

       thisContext
           MAPriorityContainer(MADescription)>>,
       self
           a MAPriorityContainer label: 'Report' comment: nil
       aDescription
           ' ('

    3.

       thisContext
           MAReport class(WAComponent class)>>headerForExampleBrowser
       self
           MAReport

    4.

       thisContext
           WAExampleBrowser>>renderComponentOn:
       self
           a WAExampleBrowser
       html
           a WARenderCanvas

    5.

       thisContext
           WAExampleBrowser>>renderContentOn:
       self
           a WAExampleBrowser
       html
           a WARenderCanvas

THanks a lot for your tutorial! I'm squeak newbie and learned a lot!

Christoph

Re: Magritte examples in seaside/examples/examplebrowser

Lukas Renggli-2
> (MAReport demo was dropped in the meantime :251 ??)
> opening http://localhost:8080/seaside/examples/examplebrowser

Please use with Magritte-Model-lr.301 and Magritte-Seaside-lr.251.

Is the dropped needed for the tutorial?

Lukas

Lukas Renggli schrieb:

>> (MAReport demo was dropped in the meantime :251 ??)
>> opening http://localhost:8080/seaside/examples/examplebrowser
>

> Please use with Magritte-Model-lr.301 and Magritte-Seaside-lr.251.
>
> Is the dropped needed for the tutorial?
>
> Lukas

Hi,

no, it is not. I already switched to 251 and thought I posted that yesterday,
but I must have made a mistake and the post didn't get through to the list.

Thank you, Christoph

Re: Magritte examples in seaside/examples/examplebrowser

hoattn
Thanks Lamprecht,

I try the modification that you suggest and the Magritte presentation run well on Glamour-Seaside localhost. I can modifie the data.

Thanks you very much