Magritte extension

12

Re: Magritte extension

Ben Coman
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> First of all I want to advertise QCMagritte: This framework is easy to use.
>> It has a seaside like tutorial, that every developer should be able to
>> follow without any significant problems and shows all significant features
>> of both Magritte, Seaside and QCMagritte. Although it lacks documentation on
>> the technical details of the framework, it has documentation included how to
>> use the framework (as a developer).
>
> Shame on me, advertising the tutorial of QCMagritte without checking it actually works.
>
> I fixed the bug that prevented me from starting the first page (rendering a keep alive) of the tutorial this morning, and started trying it out this evening. Along the way I found some typo’s and things that could be explained better, so I made some improvements to the tutorial along the road. I also noticed that some topics are not covered yet in this tutorial … but since no one complained about the tutorial being buggy, not many people have tried the tutorial ?!?

Can you link the tutorial?
cheers -ben

Re: Magritte extension

DiegoLont

> On 23 Mar 2017, at 04:27, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> First of all I want to advertise QCMagritte: This framework is easy to use.
>>> It has a seaside like tutorial, that every developer should be able to
>>> follow without any significant problems and shows all significant features
>>> of both Magritte, Seaside and QCMagritte. Although it lacks documentation on
>>> the technical details of the framework, it has documentation included how to
>>> use the framework (as a developer).
>>
>> Shame on me, advertising the tutorial of QCMagritte without checking it actually works.
>>
>> I fixed the bug that prevented me from starting the first page (rendering a keep alive) of the tutorial this morning, and started trying it out this evening. Along the way I found some typo’s and things that could be explained better, so I made some improvements to the tutorial along the road. I also noticed that some topics are not covered yet in this tutorial … but since no one complained about the tutorial being buggy, not many people have tried the tutorial ?!?
>
> Can you link the tutorial?
> cheers -ben

Maybe including the tutorial in a QCMagritte image was not very obvious …

QCMagritte can be found on smalltalk hub ( http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~DiegoLont/QCMagritte/ ) and pharo CI ( https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/QCMagritte/ ).

So download a fresh pharo image, open it and perform the following:

Gofer new url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/DiegoLont/QCMagritte/main'; package: 'ConfigurationOfQCMagritte'; load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfQCMagritte) project version: #'development') load: #( 'All' ).
(Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080

Doing this should give you a working QC Magritte tutorial hosted on your own pc. You can also download a pre build image from the pharo ci server.

When you have an running image with QCMagritte: start a browser on http://localhost:8080/ and the tutorial should pop up.

Re: Magritte extension

DiegoLont

> On 22 Mar 2017, at 20:36, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Magritte is nice but the amount of work is just too much for my taste. Simple forms are better handled with somethibg like Mold.
>
> And this especially when components interact with a ton of Js.

Then I want you to challenge you: try the QCMagritte tutorial. I took me 3 hours, including the time to make some improvements on the tutorial, and please tell me if you still believe it takes a ton of time to make something nice.

12