Magritte import an existing project

Stan Shepherd
Hi, is there a utility to automate the 'Magritte-ising' of an existing
project? I imagine it would scan the classes, and create the class side
descriptors and missing accessors automatically. It would seem useful for
quickly evaluating/prototyping what Magritte could add to the current
project.

I thought I read about this before, but I can't find a reference or any
class that seems to do it.

Thanks,   ...Stan

Re: Magritte import an existing project

Lukas Renggli
> Hi, is there a utility to automate the 'Magritte-ising' of an existing
> project? I imagine it would scan the classes, and create the class side
> descriptors and missing accessors automatically. It would seem useful for
> quickly evaluating/prototyping what Magritte could add to the current
> project.

Not that I know of.

There are a few simple lint rules in
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/magritte/Magritte-Critics that can help
you to find missing descriptions (and other potential problems) in
your model code.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Magritte import an existing project

Stan Shepherd
Thanks Lukas, they will be useful.
..Stan

Scaffolding? (was Magritte import an existing project)

Stan Shepherd
Hi, I'm looking at porting Gerhard Obermann's Scaffolding project
http://vimeo.com/2231019
to Pharo/Seaside. A couple of questions:

1) has someone already ported it, that I haven't found?
2) does Magritte already have the equivalent, but I haven't found that?

Thanks,    ...Stan

Re: Scaffolding? (was Magritte import an existing project)

Yanni Chiu
Stan Shepherd wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking at porting Gerhard Obermann's Scaffolding project
> http://vimeo.com/2231019 http://vimeo.com/2231019
> to Pharo/Seaside. A couple of questions:
>
> 1) has someone already ported it, that I haven't found?

I have a port. I can make it available, but where? I was not trying very
hard to maintain compatibility, since it didn't seem to make sense to
try and maintain a GemStone facade in a non-GemStone environment. Also,
the "mandator" stuff did not make any sense to me.

Incidentally, if you combine Scaffolding with the SqueakSave port I
recently put on squeaksource, it works well - up until the point where
you need to rebuild your image, then you need to somehow re-construct
the SqueakSave image state.

> 2) does Magritte already have the equivalent, but I haven't found that?

Not sure.

--
Yanni

Re: Scaffolding? (was Magritte import an existing project)

John McKeon

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stan Shepherd wrote:
Hi, I'm looking at porting Gerhard Obermann's Scaffolding project http://vimeo.com/2231019 http://vimeo.com/2231019 to Pharo/Seaside. A couple of questions:

1) has someone already ported it, that I haven't found?

I have a port. I can make it available, but where?

Why not Magritte-Addons? I would be interested in seeing that as well.

I was not trying very hard to maintain compatibility, since it didn't seem to make sense to try and maintain a GemStone facade in a non-GemStone environment. Also, the "mandator" stuff did not make any sense to me.

Incidentally, if you combine Scaffolding with the SqueakSave port I recently put on squeaksource, it works well - up until the point where you need to rebuild your image, then you need to somehow re-construct the SqueakSave image state.

2) does Magritte already have the equivalent, but I haven't found that?

Not sure.

The ExampleEditor offers some of the same faculties, but only some, namely a Seaside interface to edit descriptions

--
Yanni

http://jmck.seasidehosting.st

John McKeon wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Stan Shepherd wrote:
>
>         Hi, I'm looking at porting Gerhard Obermann's Scaffolding
>         project http://vimeo.com/2231019 http://vimeo.com/2231019 to
>         Pharo/Seaside. A couple of questions:
>
>         1) has someone already ported it, that I haven't found?
>

>     I have a port. I can make it available, but where?
>

> Why not Magritte-Addons? I would be interested in seeing that as well.

Okay, it's in Magritte-Addons (I didn't see a Magritte2-Addons). I had
tweaked it for Seaside3. This version no longer depends on a hacked up
MockGemStone package, that my original port was using. I noticed a
reference in the code to SqsSearch, which is from SqueakSave. If you
don't use SqueakSave, then you'll need to roll your own image persistence.