Magritte installation problem

Sebastián Filippini

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Magritte and Seaside on Pharo7.

I have installed Seaside with:

Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load

and then I've tried to install Magritte with:

Metacello new
    repository: 'github://magritte-metamodel/magritte';
    baseline: 'Magritte';
    load

but I'm getting a conflict with the installed version of package BaselineOfGrease.

I'm new to Pharo and I don't know how to resolve these kind of conflicts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly,

Sebastian

Re: Magritte installation problem

John Borden
Not long ago I had a similar problem, someone else here recommenced:
Metacello new
    repository: 'github://magritte-metamodel/magritte';
    baseline: 'Magritte'; onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
 load.
Here’s what I wrote at the time:
http://www.myborden.com/pier/john-c-borden/updates/building-pier-with-pharo-launcher

Thanks,
John

On Sep 18, 2019, at 12:27, Sebastián Filippini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Magritte and Seaside on Pharo7.

I have installed Seaside with:

Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load

and then I've tried to install Magritte with:

Metacello new
    repository: 'github://magritte-metamodel/magritte';
    baseline: 'Magritte';
    load

but I'm getting a conflict with the installed version of package BaselineOfGrease.

I'm new to Pharo and I don't know how to resolve these kind of conflicts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly,

Sebastian

Re: Magritte installation problem

Pierce Ng-3
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 05:55:15PM -0500, John Borden wrote:
> Not long ago I had a similar problem, someone else here recommenced:
> > onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];

There are also #onConflictUseIncoming and #onConflictUseLoaded which
intent are clearer. And look into #lock as well.

Pierce

Re: Magritte installation problem

inettom
This one worked for me on Pharo 8 (64):

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Magritte-Pier-and-Related-Tools-f115649.html

Re: Magritte installation problem

inettom
Sorry the code snippet got lost:

So, this one worked on Pharo 8 (64):

Metacello new
  baseline: 'Magritte';
  repository: 'github://magritte-metamodel/magritte:v3.6';
  onConflictUseLoaded;
  load