Magritte license?

Dale Henrichs-3
I am going to start porting Magritte3.5 to GemStone/GsDevKit_home[4].

I will manage the GemStone source up on GitHub in a GsDevKit/Magritte3
project[1]. I would like to include a license file with the project and
the starting point should be the official Magritte license so I'm
wondering where I will find such a beast.

There is no license file here[2] and while the project license is marked
as MIT on SmalltalkHub[3], I don't see an actual license file.

I figured I would ask before I started looking for something more
official and as a last resort invent one...

As an FYI, I plan to keep the "unadulterated packages" on the master
branch and create a gs_master branch for the changes I make in the port
... If I have bugfixes I will feed them back to SmalltalkHub ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Magritte3
[2] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
[3] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
[4]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-

Re: Magritte license?

Philippe Marschall
I'm pretty sure it's MIT, the Google Code page lists it as MIT [1].

 [1] https://code.google.com/p/magritte-metamodel/

Cheers
Philippe

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:25 AM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am going to start porting Magritte3.5 to GemStone/GsDevKit_home[4].
>
> I will manage the GemStone source up on GitHub in a GsDevKit/Magritte3
> project[1]. I would like to include a license file with the project and the
> starting point should be the official Magritte license so I'm wondering
> where I will find such a beast.
>
> There is no license file here[2] and while the project license is marked as
> MIT on SmalltalkHub[3], I don't see an actual license file.
>
> I figured I would ask before I started looking for something more official
> and as a last resort invent one...
>
> As an FYI, I plan to keep the "unadulterated packages" on the master branch
> and create a gs_master branch for the changes I make in the port ... If I
> have bugfixes I will feed them back to SmalltalkHub ...
>
> Dale
>
> [1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Magritte3
> [2] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
> [3] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
> [4]
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-

Re: Magritte license?

Lukas Renggli
Yes, isn't there a method #license somewhere in the code?

Magritte-Core and Pier-Core definitely have that.

Cheers,
Lukas

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am going to start porting Magritte3.5 to GemStone/GsDevKit_home[4].
>
> I will manage the GemStone source up on GitHub in a GsDevKit/Magritte3
> project[1]. I would like to include a license file with the project and the
> starting point should be the official Magritte license so I'm wondering
> where I will find such a beast.
>
> There is no license file here[2] and while the project license is marked as
> MIT on SmalltalkHub[3], I don't see an actual license file.
>
> I figured I would ask before I started looking for something more official
> and as a last resort invent one...
>
> As an FYI, I plan to keep the "unadulterated packages" on the master branch
> and create a gs_master branch for the changes I make in the port ... If I
> have bugfixes I will feed them back to SmalltalkHub ...
>
> Dale
>
> [1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Magritte3
> [2] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
> [3] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
> [4]
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-

Re: Magritte license?

Dale Henrichs-3
Ah, yes, now I remember that ... great ... I'll pick that up and put into the license file...

Thanks Philippe and Lukas,

Dale

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am going to start porting Magritte3.5 to GemStone/GsDevKit_home[4].
>
> I will manage the GemStone source up on GitHub in a GsDevKit/Magritte3
> project[1]. I would like to include a license file with the project and the
> starting point should be the official Magritte license so I'm wondering
> where I will find such a beast.
>
> There is no license file here[2] and while the project license is marked as
> MIT on SmalltalkHub[3], I don't see an actual license file.
>
> I figured I would ask before I started looking for something more official
> and as a last resort invent one...
>
> As an FYI, I plan to keep the "unadulterated packages" on the master branch
> and create a gs_master branch for the changes I make in the port ... If I
> have bugfixes I will feed them back to SmalltalkHub ...
>
> Dale
>
> [1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Magritte3
> [2] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
> [3] https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte
> [4]
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-

Re: Magritte license?

Ben Coman
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> As an FYI, I plan to keep the "unadulterated packages" on the master branch
> and create a gs_master branch for the changes I make in the port ... If I
> have bugfixes I will feed them back to SmalltalkHub ...

Sounds like a good way to co-ordinate between Smalltalkhub and Github.
cheers -ben