Magritte

Sanjay Minni
Hi

I am posting here instead of the Magritte group as the readership is high.

Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
of forms and sub forms.

This is to be used in Pharo9 + Seaside +Willow.

I am putting this question as i do not see much mention of Magritte in
forums / discord of late, whereas by its description the package seems to
fit a space for applications with many domain objects and associated forms.

regards
Sanjay

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sanjay Minni wrote
> Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
> of forms and sub forms.

I use Magritte extensively (for almost all my projects), and have found it
irreplaceable, but nearly all in desktop apps. Maybe cross-post to the
Seaside list if you don't get an answer here...

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
thanks

Magritte is a chapter by itself in Seaside Book and also its mentioned in
Stephane's booklet that Seside is shipped with Magritte so I assume that
they are well integrated.

The next vital thing for me is if Willow+Bootstrap4 works well with
Magritte+Seaside (in Pharo9), then I have most of what I need

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> Sanjay Minni wrote
>> Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large
>> number
>> of forms and sub forms.
>
> I use Magritte extensively (for almost all my projects), and have found it
> irreplaceable, but nearly all in desktop apps. Maybe cross-post to the
> Seaside list if you don't get an answer here...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Russ Whaley
Sanjay,
I, too, am interested in Magritte. I'd appreciate it if you'd post whatever you learn back to this list?

Thanks,
Russ

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:10 AM Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I am posting here instead of the Magritte group as the readership is high.

Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
of forms and sub forms.

This is to be used in Pharo9 + Seaside +Willow.

I am putting this question as i do not see much mention of Magritte in
forums / discord of late, whereas by its description the package seems to
fit a space for applications with many domain objects and associated forms.

regardsĀ
Sanjay

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

Russ Whaley

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
sure,

I will be putting queries on this thread which will also indicate where I
am,
you can always reach out anyways

the main objective now will be to get a Magritte based single form UI
working under Willow (BS4) for the appearance and then a master+detail form

I would be using MongoDB

Note: but i would be very slow

Russ Whaley wrote
> Sanjay,
> I, too, am interested in Magritte. I'd appreciate it if you'd post
> whatever
> you learn back to this list?
>
> Thanks,
> Russ
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:10 AM Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am posting here instead of the Magritte group as the readership is
>> high.
>>
>> Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large
>> number
>> of forms and sub forms.
>>
>> This is to be used in Pharo9 + Seaside +Willow.
>>
>> I am putting this question as i do not see much mention of Magritte in
>> forums / discord of late, whereas by its description the package seems to
>> fit a space for applications with many domain objects and associated
>> forms.
>>
>> regards
>> Sanjay
>>

>> -----