Magritte

Sanjay Minni
Hi

I am posting here instead of the Magritte group as the readership is high.

Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
of forms and sub forms.

This is to be used in Pharo9 + Seaside +Willow.

I am putting this question as i do not see much mention of Magritte in
forums / discord of late, whereas by its description the package seems to
fit a space for applications with many domain objects and associated forms.

regards
Sanjay

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sanjay Minni wrote
> Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
> of forms and sub forms.

I use Magritte extensively (for almost all my projects), and have found it
irreplaceable, but nearly all in desktop apps. Maybe cross-post to the
Seaside list if you don't get an answer here...

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Sean

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
thanks

Magritte is a chapter by itself in Seaside Book and also its mentioned in
Stephane's booklet that Seside is shipped with Magritte so I assume that
they are well integrated.

The next vital thing for me is if Willow+Bootstrap4 works well with
Magritte+Seaside (in Pharo9), then I have most of what I need

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> Sanjay Minni wrote
>> Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large
>> number
>> of forms and sub forms.
>
> I use Magritte extensively (for almost all my projects), and have found it
> irreplaceable, but nearly all in desktop apps. Maybe cross-post to the
> Seaside list if you don't get an answer here...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Russ Whaley
Sanjay,
I, too, am interested in Magritte. I'd appreciate it if you'd post whatever you learn back to this list?

Thanks,
Russ

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:10 AM Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I am posting here instead of the Magritte group as the readership is high.

Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
of forms and sub forms.

This is to be used in Pharo9 + Seaside +Willow.

I am putting this question as i do not see much mention of Magritte in
forums / discord of late, whereas by its description the package seems to
fit a space for applications with many domain objects and associated forms.

regards
Sanjay

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

Russ Whaley

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
sure,

I will be putting queries on this thread which will also indicate where I
am,
you can always reach out anyways

the main objective now will be to get a Magritte based single form UI
working under Willow (BS4) for the appearance and then a master+detail form

I would be using MongoDB

Note: but i would be very slow

Russ Whaley wrote
> Sanjay,
> I, too, am interested in Magritte. I'd appreciate it if you'd post
> whatever
> you learn back to this list?
>
> Thanks,
> Russ
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:10 AM Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am posting here instead of the Magritte group as the readership is
>> high.
>>
>> Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large
>> number
>> of forms and sub forms.
>>
>> This is to be used in Pharo9 + Seaside +Willow.
>>
>> I am putting this question as i do not see much mention of Magritte in
>> forums / discord of late, whereas by its description the package seems to
>> fit a space for applications with many domain objects and associated
>> forms.
>>
>> regards
>> Sanjay
>>

>> -----
>> cheers,
>> Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>

> --
> Russ Whaley

> whaley.russ@

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Hi Sean

May be we should update the Magrrite booklet. I never got the time to go over it.

S.

On 23 Nov 2020, at 15:56, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sanjay Minni wrote
Is Magritte a robust enough package for an application with a large number
of forms and sub forms.

I use Magritte extensively (for almost all my projects), and have found it
irreplaceable, but nearly all in desktop apps. Maybe cross-post to the
Seaside list if you don't get an answer here...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Magritte

Sebastián Filippini

Please!

I have only seen examples with seaside. Could you add any desktop app example?

Thanks.

Sebastián

El 4/12/20 a las 21:19, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
[...]

France

Re: Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
> Maybe we should update the Magrrite booklet. I never got the time to go
> over it.

I can help. Yes, it is probably time. There have been lots of small
additions and changes. I also plan on doing Spec2 bindings as soon as P9 is
released. That might be a good time also because I'm swamped the next few
weeks...

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Sean

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
Hi,

Examples in the magritte booklet "meta data at work ... " show pragmas
<magritte Description> (pg 2.2).  Are the pragmas required since I don't
seem to have found any mention elsewhere (i.e. Lukas Renggli's papers, SAGs
seaside tutorial, Ramon Leons blogs ...)

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote
>> Maybe we should update the Magrrite booklet. I never got the time to go
>> over it.
>
> I can help. Yes, it is probably time. There have been lots of small
> additions and changes. I also plan on doing Spec2 bindings as soon as P9
> is
> released. That might be a good time also because I'm swamped the next few
> weeks...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sanjay Minni wrote
> <magritte Description>
> ...  Are the pragmas required

Yes, annotating methods is how they are registered as part of the Magritte
description. There have been several non-backward-compatible Magritte
versions (currently on v. 3), so that may have been added later; note that
these methods should be on the instance side, unlike in the original
Magritte. Here is an example:

MyClass>>#descriptionHasMetacelloConfiguration
        <magritteDescription>
        ^ MABooleanDescription new
                priority: 250;
                accessor: #hasMetacelloConfiguration;
                beReadOnly;
                beRequired;
                yourself

p.s. happy to discuss here, but we also added a discussion place to the GH
repo: https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte/discussions
p.p.s. there is a Magritte ML, but it doesn't get much traffic

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Sean

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
Thanks - I will make further postings in Magritte ML (just subscribed)

ML and Discord are friendlier and visible even to the non subscribers than
GH discussion boards ,,, my view

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> Sanjay Minni wrote
>>
> <magritte Description>
>> ...  Are the pragmas required
>
> Yes, annotating methods is how they are registered as part of the Magritte
> description. There have been several non-backward-compatible Magritte
> versions (currently on v. 3), so that may have been added later; note that
> these methods should be on the instance side, unlike in the original
> Magritte. Here is an example:
>
> MyClass>>#descriptionHasMetacelloConfiguration
>
> <magritteDescription>
> ^ MABooleanDescription new
> priority: 250;
> accessor: #hasMetacelloConfiguration;
> beReadOnly;
> beRequired;
> yourself
>
> p.s. happy to discuss here, but we also added a discussion place to the GH
> repo: https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte/discussions
> p.p.s. there is a Magritte ML, but it doesn't get much traffic
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Magritte

Sanjay Minni
Am posing messages on GH Repo Disc Board while awaiting subscription approval
to Magritte ML
Sanjay

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> Sanjay Minni wrote
>>
> <magritte Description>
>> ...  Are the pragmas required
>
> Yes, annotating methods is how they are registered as part of the Magritte
> description. There have been several non-backward-compatible Magritte
> versions (currently on v. 3), so that may have been added later; note that
> these methods should be on the instance side, unlike in the original
> Magritte. Here is an example:
>
> MyClass>>#descriptionHasMetacelloConfiguration
>
> <magritteDescription>
> ^ MABooleanDescription new
> priority: 250;
> accessor: #hasMetacelloConfiguration;
> beReadOnly;
> beRequired;
> yourself
>
> p.s. happy to discuss here, but we also added a discussion place to the GH
> repo: https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte/discussions
> p.p.s. there is a Magritte ML, but it doesn't get much traffic
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

-----