Magritte versions

DiegoLont
Hi all,

We would like to have more communication about the Magritte configuration. We will start by describing the current state, as far as we know it.

The current released version of Magritte is 3.1.3. This versions contains the latest changes and is a release version, so should not be changed. Please use #release3.1 in referring to this version, to allow for minor updates and bug fixes to be automatically integrated.
The #release3.0 is also maintained, as this refers to #release3.0 of Seaside. And as long as #release3.1 of Seaside is not released on Gemstone, I will maintain this version.

There is also versions 3.2. We do not know why this version is created. It uses a duplicate baseline (only the Grease version differs), and no big changes for Magritte are planned (to my knowledge). So we propose to remove this version. If you want this version to be kept, please reply this mail with a reason. Version 3.2 is outdated, but it implies to be more recent than 3.1.3.

For the time being I will only remove the 3.2-baseline, as it is duplicate. If I do not receive a mail saying 3.2 should be kept, I will remove this version beginning of June.

For development I will create a version 3.1.4. I will also point #development to this version.

Discussion on Magritte List.

Cheers,
Stephan and Diego

Re: [Seaside-dev] Magritte versions

EstebanLM
I made it because 3.1.3 does not loads in Pharo 3 and I needed it. It changes some RectangleMorph dependencies and I do not remember what more.
I said it in the list when I did it (like 3 months ago, I do not remember).
Please, if you are going to remove it, give me a valid configuration that I can use instead.

Esteban

On 21 May 2014, at 06:50, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We would like to have more communication about the Magritte configuration. We will start by describing the current state, as far as we know it.
>
> The current released version of Magritte is 3.1.3. This versions contains the latest changes and is a release version, so should not be changed. Please use #release3.1 in referring to this version, to allow for minor updates and bug fixes to be automatically integrated.
> The #release3.0 is also maintained, as this refers to #release3.0 of Seaside. And as long as #release3.1 of Seaside is not released on Gemstone, I will maintain this version.
>
> There is also versions 3.2. We do not know why this version is created. It uses a duplicate baseline (only the Grease version differs), and no big changes for Magritte are planned (to my knowledge). So we propose to remove this version. If you want this version to be kept, please reply this mail with a reason. Version 3.2 is outdated, but it implies to be more recent than 3.1.3.
>
> For the time being I will only remove the 3.2-baseline, as it is duplicate. If I do not receive a mail saying 3.2 should be kept, I will remove this version beginning of June.
>
> For development I will create a version 3.1.4. I will also point #development to this version.
>
> Discussion on Magritte List.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephan and Diego

Re: [Seaside-dev] Magritte versions

DiegoLont
Hi Esteban,

Wrong list, so new mail on the right list.

On 21 May 2014, at 15:21, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I made it because 3.1.3 does not loads in Pharo 3 and I needed it. It changes some RectangleMorph dependencies and I do not remember what more.
> I said it in the list when I did it (like 3 months ago, I do not remember).
> Please, if you are going to remove it, give me a valid configuration that I can use instead.
>
> Esteban

Then I must have missed this mail, sorry for this. I searched my mail on 3.2 and could not find anything.

I included the latest Morph version in 3.1.4 (copied it from 3.2). This version is blessed development so can still be changed. Does this version work for you? And do you think we should make this the released version and open 3.1.5 for development?

Cheers,
Diego

Re: [Seaside-dev] Magritte versions

EstebanLM
Hi,

On 21 May 2014, at 11:27, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> Wrong list, so new mail on the right list.
>
> On 21 May 2014, at 15:21, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I made it because 3.1.3 does not loads in Pharo 3 and I needed it. It changes some RectangleMorph dependencies and I do not remember what more.
>> I said it in the list when I did it (like 3 months ago, I do not remember).
>> Please, if you are going to remove it, give me a valid configuration that I can use instead.
>>
>> Esteban
>>
> Then I must have missed this mail, sorry for this. I searched my mail on 3.2 and could not find anything.
>
> I included the latest Morph version in 3.1.4 (copied it from 3.2). This version is blessed development so can still be changed. Does this version work for you? And do you think we should make this the released version and open 3.1.5 for development?

Sure. All I need is a version I can use :)

cheers,
Esteban