Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

FDominicus
Dear Seaside, Magritte experts, I probably have some easy question for
you but well with Magritte there is one thing very sparse. Examples.

I attach an example  here.
What I wan is
a Magritte description for addresses which I can put into a combobox
printed like this:
zip city; street.

I've get there while overwriting printOn in Address. This can't be the
way to go.

The next question I have. I'd  like to have some context menu while
right clicking on the address. There I want to have the choice to
Edit the current address (maybe inline)
go to the addresses overview

I've looked through the JavaScript examples but have not found anything
with acts on "right" click.

It would be very kind to leas me to some actual tutorial about using
Magritte 3, Seaside 3 etc.

Regards
Friedrich

PS: If you know of a Magritte/Seasider looking for work, please let me
know.

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

QC-Seaside-Tests-FriedrichDominicus.4.mcz (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

John McKeon
Hello Friedrich

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Seaside, Magritte experts, I probably have some easy question for
you but well with Magritte there is one thing very sparse. Examples.

I attach an example  here.
What I wan is
a Magritte description for addresses which I can put into a combobox
printed like this:
zip city; street.

Use the labels: message with a block that takes an address object and returns the string e.g. [ :addr | addr zip, ' ', addr city. '; , addr state ]

I've get there while overwriting printOn in Address. This can't be the
way to go.

The next question I have. I'd  like to have some context menu while
right clicking on the address. There I want to have the choice to
Edit the current address (maybe inline)
go to the addresses overview

I've looked through the JavaScript examples but have not found anything
with acts on "right" click.

There is an mbMenu package in the JQueryWidgetBox project on Squeaksource that might do what you want.

It would be very kind to leas me to some actual tutorial about using
Magritte 3, Seaside 3 etc.

Regards
Friedrich

Happy Trails
John

John McKeon <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello Friedrich
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Dear Seaside, Magritte experts, I probably have some easy question for
>     you but well with Magritte there is one thing very sparse. Examples.
>
>     I attach an example  here.
>     What I wan is
>     a Magritte description for addresses which I can put into a combobox
>     printed like this:
>     zip city; street.
>

> Use the labels: message with a block that takes an address object and returns
> the string e.g. [ :addr | addr zip, ' ', addr city. '; , addr state ]
Where do I have to place this labels: ? TPersonView, TPerson or ....?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

John McKeon
In the select tag for the "combo box"

html select
   list: someCollectionOfAddr
   labels: [ :addr | addr zip etc ]
   callback: [ :addr | self doSomethingWith: addr ]

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:
John McKeon <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello Friedrich
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Dear Seaside, Magritte experts, I probably have some easy question for
>     you but well with Magritte there is one thing very sparse. Examples.
>
>     I attach an example  here.
>     What I wan is
>     a Magritte description for addresses which I can put into a combobox
>     printed like this:
>     zip city; street.
>

> Use the labels: message with a block that takes an address object and returns
> the string e.g. [ :addr | addr zip, ' ', addr city. '; , addr state ]
Where do I have to place this labels: ? TPersonView, TPerson or ....?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

FDominicus
John McKeon <[hidden email]> writes:

> In the select tag for the "combo box"
>
> html select
>    list: someCollectionOfAddr
>    labels: [ :addr | addr zip etc ]
>    callback: [ :addr | self doSomethingWith: addr ]
I've not written any rendering for this box. I have used Magritte
descriptionAddresses
        <magritteDescription>
        ^ MASingleOptionDescription new
        accessor: #addresses;
        label: 'Addresses' ;
        priority: 400;
        yourself

it should render all the addresses in one combobox. And the elements are
TAddress objects. If I'm not overwriting printOn. I just got the usual
a TAddress in the combobox. What want is
a) having a TAddress rendered in this printable (short) form zip city;
street

b) If I'm clicking on the combobox entry I want to get the choice on
what I want to do. e.g editing this TAddress switching to the overview
of the Addresses or what else I might find useful here.

Does this clarify the things a bit?

My idea was that I probably have to implement something derived from
MAWriter but it seems I'm on the wrong track here.

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

John McKeon
You could use optionsAndLabels: which takes a collection of object->label associations

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:
John McKeon <[hidden email]> writes:

> In the select tag for the "combo box"
>
> html select
>    list: someCollectionOfAddr
>    labels: [ :addr | addr zip etc ]
>    callback: [ :addr | self doSomethingWith: addr ]
I've not written any rendering for this box. I have used Magritte
descriptionAddresses
       <magritteDescription>
       ^ MASingleOptionDescription new
       accessor: #addresses;
       label: 'Addresses' ;
       priority: 400;
       yourself

it should render all the addresses in one combobox. And the elements are
TAddress objects. If I'm not overwriting printOn. I just got the usual
a TAddress in the combobox. What want is
a) having a TAddress rendered in this printable (short) form zip city;
street

b) If I'm clicking on the combobox entry I want to get the choice on
what I want to do. e.g editing this TAddress switching to the overview
of the Addresses or what else I might find useful here.

Does this clarify the things a bit?

My idea was that I probably have to implement something derived from
MAWriter but it seems I'm on the wrong track here.

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

FDominicus
John McKeon <[hidden email]> writes:

> You could use optionsAndLabels: which takes a collection of object->label
> associations
Ok, it seems I got along with optionsAndLabels: I just wonder how I
could have figured that out myself.

Thanks
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Magritte3, Seaside3 questions

FDominicus
Ok with options als labels I got the TPerson stuff rendered nicely. Now
I want to display a collection of Persons (See TPersonsView) and there I
want that the Addresses are rendered in a combobox. from which I could
choose e.g to change the address of a Person. Currently I just get the
rendering of the normal Ordered Collection. So in short how can I "plug"
in or replace the rendering of this OrderedCollection such that is
presents itself in some "choosable" form?

And yes it would be great to have an edit link behind the address e.g in
the TPersonView or even better would be a thing commands which would
allow me to choose what to do with the address.

There must be ways to plug into Magritte3 to achieve that....

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

QC-Seaside-Tests-FriedrichDominicus.7.mcz (7K) Download Attachment