Main pillar web site?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

Where is the main Pillar web site

Google for

       pillar Pharo

gives as first hit

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html

which is an untrusted connection.
Is it safe to continue?

Regards

Hannes

Re: Main pillar web site?

Uko2
Yes, it is safe, the link leads to pharo contribution CI server and in particular to the build of the catalog of pharo configurations.

If you wand to get familiar with pillar, here is the GitHub group: https://github.com/pillar-markup
And here is a repo with documentation: https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar-documentation

Cheers!
Uko

On 04 May 2015, at 15:42, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

Where is the main Pillar web site

Google for

      pillar Pharo

gives as first hit

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html

which is an untrusted connection.
Is it safe to continue?

Regards

Hannes

Re: Main pillar web site?

Damien Cassou-2

H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> writes:

> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html

> which is an untrusted connection.
> Is it safe to continue?

yes, this is safe (you don't have to enter any data).

But the official page is:

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Main pillar web site?

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you!

Here is the summary

Pillar documentation
====================

Start page
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar

Documentation
https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar-documentation

First Google hit
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html

Leads to Pharo contribution CI server  (Confirm security exception, it is safe).

Pillar tool chain repositories
-------------------------------

https://github.com/pillar-markup

Re: Main pillar web site?

CyrilFerlicot
Hi.
The documentation is now here:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.html

We're still updating the documentation so that still can change.

On 4 May 2015 at 16:14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> Here is the summary
>

> Pillar documentation
> ====================
>
> Start page
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar
>

> Documentation
> https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar-documentation
>

> First Google hit
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html
>
> Leads to Pharo contribution CI server  (Confirm security exception, it is safe).
>

> Pillar tool chain repositories
> -------------------------------
>
> https://github.com/pillar-markup

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Main pillar web site?

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you.

Is it possible to add a short paragraph about the

     Rational

for Pillar?

It seems to be a text format for the PRnnn classes which is easy to parse.

Which formats does the Pillar documentation tool chain read and which
ones are generated?

--Hannes

On 5/4/15, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
> The documentation is now here:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.html
>
> We're still updating the documentation so that still can change.
>
> On 4 May 2015 at 16:14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Here is the summary
>>

>> Pillar documentation
>> ====================
>>
>> Start page
>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar
>>

>> Documentation
>> https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar-documentation
>>

>> First Google hit
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html
>>
>> Leads to Pharo contribution CI server  (Confirm security exception, it is
>> safe).
>>

>> Pillar tool chain repositories
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> https://github.com/pillar-markup
>>

> --
> Cheers
> Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Main pillar web site?

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

As a teacher, I wrote a little Lab subject to introduce the Visitor design pattern to students using Pillar.
And I used the following fig to describe it.

HIH,

#Luc

Thank you.

Is it possible to add a short paragraph about the

     Rational

for Pillar?

It seems to be a text format for the PRnnn classes which is easy to parse.

Which formats does the Pillar documentation tool chain read and which
ones are generated?

--Hannes

On 5/4/15, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
> The documentation is now here:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.html
>
> We're still updating the documentation so that still can change.
>
> On 4 May 2015 at 16:14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Here is the summary
>>

>> Pillar documentation
>> ====================
>>
>> Start page
>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar
>>

>> Documentation
>> https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar-documentation
>>

>> First Google hit
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html
>>
>> Leads to Pharo contribution CI server  (Confirm security exception, it is
>> safe).
>>

>> Pillar tool chain repositories
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> https://github.com/pillar-markup
>>

> --
> Cheers
> Cyril Ferlicot

pillarOverview.pdf (44K) Download Attachment

Re: Main pillar web site?

CyrilFerlicot
Hi Luc,
I think Pillar is great to learn the visitor pattern ! Now we also
added the Transformer which use visitor too. I don't know if you saw
that.

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Main pillar web site?

Luc Fabresse

Hi Luc,
I think Pillar is great to learn the visitor pattern ! Now we also
added the Transformer which use visitor too. I don't know if you saw
that.

Not yet but I will have a look at some point ;-)
keep pushing, Cyril!

Luc

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Main pillar web site?

Hannes Hirzel
Luc,

Thanks for the nice diagram showing Pillar in action.

I suggest to include it on the pillar web site.

And maybe you have some additional documentation. For example about the parser.

--Hannes

On 5/18/15, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As a teacher, I wrote a little Lab subject to introduce the Visitor design
> pattern to students using Pillar.
> And I used the following fig to describe it.
>
> HIH,
>
> #Luc

>> Thank you.
>>
>> Is it possible to add a short paragraph about the
>>
>>      Rational
>>
>> for Pillar?
>>
>> It seems to be a text format for the PRnnn classes which is easy to
>> parse.
>>
>> Which formats does the Pillar documentation tool chain read and which
>> ones are generated?
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 5/4/15, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi.
>> > The documentation is now here:
>> >
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.html
>> >
>> > We're still updating the documentation so that still can change.

>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html

>> is

>> > --
>> > Cheers
>> > Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Main pillar web site?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Cyril

I just saw your announcement about Pillar 0.56 : New features, new syntax

My suggestion is to the main pillar web site the information which
version of Pillar you describe there?

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.html

And  that you post the news about updates somewhere and refer to them
from the main pillar documentation website.

--Hannes

On 5/18/15, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Luc,
>
> Thanks for the nice diagram showing Pillar in action.
>
> I suggest to include it on the pillar web site.
>
> And maybe you have some additional documentation. For example about the
> parser.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 5/18/15, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As a teacher, I wrote a little Lab subject to introduce the Visitor
>> design
>> pattern to students using Pillar.
>> And I used the following fig to describe it.
>>
>> HIH,
>>
>> #Luc

>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to add a short paragraph about the
>>>
>>>      Rational
>>>
>>> for Pillar?
>>>
>>> It seems to be a text format for the PRnnn classes which is easy to
>>> parse.
>>>
>>> Which formats does the Pillar documentation tool chain read and which
>>> ones are generated?
>>>
>>> --Hannes

>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.html

>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/Pillar.html

>>> is

Re: Main pillar web site?

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,
The link you gave is a future chapter about Pillar on the
EnterprisePharo book. We update this book at each modification of
Pillar (we have for example some script that do an automatic update of
some part of the chapter).
So the chapter have the documentation of the last version of Pillar.

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Main pillar web site?

stepharo
we will have a pillar web site using pillar but not now :)