Make a button behave like a link

Facundo Ciccioli
Hi. I would like to have a button that behaves like a link, and I just
can't do it. I don't know even if it's posible. What I've done is to
send a #redirectTo: message in the button's action. I have to link to
a file, so the parameter to the message is the name of the file, since
this have worked in regular links I have elsewhere. Well, it doen't
work because the browser looks for the file without prepending the
server's name, obviously not finding it. Is there a way I can make
this work?

Another alternative would be to disguise my links like buttons, but I
don't know if this can be done completely.

Thankful,
FaQ

Re: Make a button behave like a link

Herbert König
Hello Facundo,

FC> Hi. I would like to have a button that behaves like a link, and I just
FC> can't do it. I don't know even if it's posible. What I've done is to
FC> send a #redirectTo: message in the button's action. I have to link to
FC> a file, so the parameter to the message is the name of the file, since
FC> this have worked in regular links I have elsewhere.

It should work exactly the way you did it (though I never tried).

FC> Well, it doen't
FC> work because the browser looks for the file without prepending the
FC> server's name, obviously not finding it. Is there a way I can make
FC> this work?

The usual problem with files discussed here is that the directory on
the server is not set correctly.

This is done by AIDASite>>homeDirectory:

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]