Make new window in front of other

ipstools.project
Hi all

Have the main window of my application that accepts user input. Some commands should generate new windows as seen in the video.
How can I make new window to be presented in front of the main, not behind? The code is simple:

AccountView new openWidget (this is VA part).

Tried use Delay class and action setFocus, but this didn`t work.

Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/RGejSmWmAc4

Regards,
Sergei

Re: Make new window in front of other

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 1:46:07 PM UTC-7, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi all

Have the main window of my application that accepts user input. Some commands should generate new windows as seen in the video.
How can I make new window to be presented in front of the main, not behind? The code itself is simple:

AccountView new openWidget (this is VA part).

Tried use Delay class and action setFocus, but this didn`t work.

Any ideas?

The correct answer depends on unstated requirements. Do you regard this second window as having an life span independent of the initial window? Do you intend to use the new window as a dialogue to get some data and then close it?

If it is a dialogue, the solution is much easier than if it is intended to be an independent window.

Regards,
Sergei

Re: Make new window in front of other

ipstools.project
Hi Richard,

thank you for your participation in my problem.
The pop-up window you see in the video is a default window of VA Organizer appearing  when you intend to create a new VA part.
When you speak of a dialog window, do you mean a modal type of a window or something else?

By the way, today i another time tried to use setFocus method as a workaround and it worked greatly. Dont`t know why this happened.
But what i dislike is it`s "jumping" from back to front. Anyway i can leave with this.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:56 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Richard,

thank you for your participation in my problem.
The pop-up window you see in the video is a default window of VA Organizer appearing  when you intend to create a new VA part.
When you speak of a dialog window, do you mean a modal type of a window or something else?

Yes. That's one example. VA Smalltalk has support for a number of dialogue types. I couldn't determine from the video if this is something you would want for that window.