classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Making Environments aware of new installed versions

Richard Sargent
Administrator
I had previously installed VA 9.1 on a test machine and now I need to regression test GBS against 8.6.3 on the same machine. I have installed that version but skipped installing (another) Environments shortcut on the Desktop.

What do I need to do to make the 9.1 Environments aware of the newly installed 8.6.3? Or do I need to have a separate 8.6.3 Environments shortcut, too?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/63ba8618-1a3a-4c6d-9a48-358b95b7e341%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Making Environments aware of new installed versions

Bob Brodd

You can add new installations to Environments 9.1 (v2.0.11)  by going to the System Settings  (Wrench/Screwdriver icon) and then press the Installations button. From there, press the Define a new VA Smalltalk Installation folder button (only button) and then select the  path of your 8.6.3 installation.  The name will fill-in automatically. This process has been improved for  9.2 version in that there is a search button that looks for unregistered VA Smalltalk installations in all default locations and then provides a list to select of them to select from; of course, that won't be useful to you right now...just something to look forward to.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 2:30:35 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:
I had previously installed VA 9.1 on a test machine and now I need to regression test GBS against 8.6.3 on the same machine. I have installed that version but skipped installing (another) Environments shortcut on the Desktop.

What do I need to do to make the 9.1 Environments aware of the newly installed 8.6.3? Or do I need to have a separate 8.6.3 Environments shortcut, too?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/69aa655b-1553-4f2b-8a6d-7df13cd96c3b%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Making Environments aware of new installed versions

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 12:44:35 PM UTC-8, Bob Brodd wrote:

You can add new installations to Environments 9.1 (v2.0.11)  by going to the System Settings  (Wrench/Screwdriver icon) and then press the Installations button. From there, press the Define a new VA Smalltalk Installation folder button (only button) and then select the  path of your 8.6.3 installation.  The name will fill-in automatically. This process has been improved for  9.2 version in that there is a search button that looks for unregistered VA Smalltalk installations in all default locations and then provides a list to select of them to select from; of course, that won't be useful to you right now...just something to look forward to.

Thanks, Bob. I was sure I had read that, but couldn't remember the details.
(BTW, the icon being so grey probably had me thinking it was disabled and so overlooked.)

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 2:30:35 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/21a4e3a0-88a6-4a7a-bdc5-f64b89c4c2f5%40googlegroups.com.