Making the halo around windows preview more contrasted

Making the halo around windows preview more contrasted

Offray
Hi all,

As usual, when I put the mouse over the name of a window, a small
preview appears with a grey allow with the full name of the window, but
letters are white surrounded by a pale grey making the full name really
difficult to read. There is any way to increase the contrast there
between font and background?

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Making the halo around windows preview more contrasted

Nicolai Hess
Hi all,

As usual, when I put the mouse over the name of a window, a small preview appears with a grey allow with the full name of the window, but letters are white surrounded by a pale grey making the full name really difficult to read. There is any way to increase the contrast there between font and background?

This is defined in UIThemeWatery>>#newTaskbarThumbnailIn: aThemedMorph for: aWindow
It looks better with the WateryTheme, because it uses a darker background.
You can:
- define your own theme as a Subclass of Pharo3Theme and overwrite this method
- change the background(color) of the world.

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Making the halo around windows preview more contrasted

Offray
Thanks Nicolai,

I used an approach suggested by Merwan Ouddane in a private mail that
consisted in changing "UITheme>>taskListFillStyleFor:" inside
PolymorphWidgets Themes package changing the GradientFillStyle

This is my result:

taskListFillStyleFor: aTasklist

        | aColor result |
        aColor := aTasklist color.
        result := GradientFillStyle ramp: {
                        0.0->aColor whiter whiter. 0.2->aColor muchDarker.
                        0.8->aColor darker. 1.0->aColor muchDarker}.
        ^ result
                origin: aTasklist topLeft;
                direction: 0 @ aTasklist height;
                radial: false;
                yourself.

Which is easier and more pleasant to my eyes

Cheers,

Offray