Making the operating system close window event prompt for squeak window closure.

Making the operating system close window event prompt for squeak window closure.

johnmci
Ok, before I do this I need to ask the Pharo folks if they handle the close window event.
To test someone can alter the info.plist setting as describe below and see what happens.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
> Date: April 6, 2010 3:35:26 AM PDT
> To: Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] New Windows VM: 4.0.1
>

> On 28.03.2010, at 22:59, Andreas Raab wrote:
>>

>> 1) The VM will now default to pass the window close event to the image instead of handling it directly. You can see that in a current trunk image by clicking on the close button (you'll now get a Squeak notifier instead of the previous VM notifier). The old behavior is still available if you SHIFT-Click on the close button. This is very useful if your image hangs.
>
> John,
>
> could you change the default for the Mac VM too? Both Linux and Windows VMs now deliver the window event rather than killing the image.
>
> For Etoys we use
>
> SqueakWindowAttribute <8200001f>
>
> in the VM's Info.plist. That at least enables the red window close button (though "Quit" from the dock menu does not work).
>
> - Bert -

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Making the operating system close window event prompt for squeak window closure.

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi john

for the moment we do nothing but we are ready to do something if somebody explains what exactly.

Stef