classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Manuscript (Case [Issue]21621) Morphic - Improvements to tree scrolling

Pharo Issue Tracker
Manuscript Notification
Geoff Reedy opened Case 21621: Improvements to tree scrolling and assigned it to Everyone:
Cleanup in Project:  Morphic: 1. Pharo Image  •  You are subscribed to this case
When navigating the profiler tree view with the keyboard I noticed some less than ideal behavior when the call trees were deep (and thus spanned a lot of horizontal space): When the view needed to scroll to bring the next or previous line into view the horizontal scrolling was snapped back all the way to the left. To see the actual content of the row required manually scrolling back to the right.

I determined that this was due to two separate issues:

1. ScrollPane>>scrollToShow: didn't take into account the horizontal part of the target rectangle into account at all and always scrolled to the origin horizontally (without updating the scrollbars I might add)

2. Even with that addressed the MorphTree classes scrolled to bring the MorphTreeNodeMorph bounds into view but that bounds includes only the spacer to the left of the content so it was scrolling the content out of view anyway.

I modified ScrollPane>>scrollToShow: to take horizontal position into consideration and additionally ensured that it scrolled as little as possible to bring as much as possible of the target rectangle into view. Then I added a new method MorphTreeNodeMorph>>contentBounds to give the bounds that actually show some content, including the toggle and check box, if present. This new bounds is what the related methods in Morphic-Widgets-Tree will use to bring a node into view.
Priority Priority: 5 – Fix If Time Status Status: Working On
Assigned To Assigned to: Everyone Milestone Milestone: Pharo7.0

Go to Case
No longer need updates? Unsubscribe from this case.

Don't want Manuscript notifications anymore? Update your preferences.

Manuscript